Torino TR4 review by Samick

Samick: Torino TR4

I call it a PRSG (PRS+SG) because it looks like a combination between the two. It suits my music really well, you can very well check out my bands myspace and listen to "As I Cry." I believe I used this guitar for that song (myspace.com/everchange2o). It has a good clean tone, but lacks real good strength with certain amounts of distortion. It is really nice for lead guitar because it has a remarkable fret board. You can get any kind of sound out of this guitar, just depends on the rig you use.

I give it 2 thumbs and a half a nut. I play rock/metal/powerpop, this guitar is Lavender (not purple). I say it goes pretty well with my specific genre choices. if I busted or lost this guitar I'd definitely get another one if I saw one for a good deal. I love the sound quality I create with this guitar. I hate the finish. My favorite feature is the pick ups. I'm a sucker for Seymour Duncans and shiney objects. This has both in one. If I took more time to compare it to other products I would've had to pay $200 extra. I bought it shotgun wedding style. I wish it had a black finish and chrome hardware.

It is a fine piece of ax that I haven't had the pleasure of using onstage yet. I probably would have a back up anywaysimply cause I like to be prepped when using guitars I like, not trust. I'm not going to go into big details about this guitar because I don't like to criticize. I would recommend playing this guitar for gigs, just have a back up on hand.

I bought it new for $90 and was amazed at the stock quality 'cause usually I have to adjust everything for hours on end to my perfection. It came as it was. I had to lower the bridge pickup cause it was louder the Neck pick up that was the only problem I found.

I don't know what year it was, I'm pretty sure it's Asian made. Has 22 frets, rosewood fingerboard and abalone dot inlays. Has a solid lavender top with a multiply binding around the alder body. Mahogany neck. Wicked gold hardware. Non-lockin Grover tuners. Double cutaway's. Almost like an SG. 2 Seymour Duncan goldplated humbuckers. 1 volume and 1 tone knob.

abullet4blood
    Let me just say, this guitar f'bombing rocks! I got the TR4 in Pearl White finish. I bought it not knowing it came equipped with Grover tuners and Duncan pickups. I bought it just for looks and was going to customize it afterwards....NOT NECESSARY. This guitar shreds like you wouldn't believe, and it has so much sustain that I have to turn the volume down gradually to end a song. I love it, and this is the only guitar I will purchase from here until it's done being made. Thanks Greg!