Torino TR4 review by Samick

Samick: Torino TR4

Purchased from: Parker Guitars

I came into Parkers for my 15th birthday (last year) looking for a nice guitar with a lot of crunch. At the time I was highly into punk and getting into a bit of metal so a nice crunch was essential for my type of music. They had one of those Camo Dimebag MLs as well as some C-1 Classic Schecters and a B.C Rich Warlock and after trying just about every guitar in the store the Warlock and Torino were tied. This guitar can cover anything from Dime's squeel effects to RHCP. It's great for any type of music. I play it with a Marshall MG amp, but it sounds great anywhere.

I've been playing for almost three years now. I own three other guitars, a Yamaha beginner guitar, a Dean MLX, and a Les Paul Silverburst and this guitar is my favorite. If it were stolen, my parents would be pissed but I'd definitely get a new one. I really love the finish on it and how the colors go well together. I'm actually annoyed that on the reviews the picture they show of this guitar is black. Pearl white finish, gold hardware and black binding looks beautiful on this guitar.

I've only played live a few times but this guitar is good for it. And since it's a string through, tuning down is no problem. If I didn't have other guitars I'd seriously use it through a two hour set. It's just that good. And no matter what we play this guitar can either get the sound we need or get pretty close to it. The strap hardly every comes off. I have to be doing something stupid for it to come off.

The action on this guitar is great. The humbuckers and everything work real good and haven't let me down so far. My music preferences have changed, but it doesn't mean my guitar has to. It's awesome. The only flaws on this guitar are maybe a few dents I made from tripping in my room other than that I bought it in great condition.

I'm not sure what year this guitar was made but it most likely is asian made. It's got 22 frets. Rosewood fingerboard. Mine was bought in a pearl white finish with black binding. Alder body. Not sure what kind of neck. Probably Mahogany like the guy before me. Gold hardware. 1 Volume knob, 1 Tone knob. Gold plated Duncan Design humbuckers and non-locking Grover tuners.

Prefab Funk
    Torino TR3 is very bright sounding guitar.Alder body with blue quilt maple top.Plugged through a Laney GH100L [tube] head & GS 412IS [4 X 12] cabinet the sound is warm and beautiful.great guitar for a fat blues tone.I have also tried this guitar with a Vox Valvetronix VT30 & Line 6 spider III 30 & it sounded great on both.Also available in transparent green & transparent red.Beautiful to play & beautiful to look at.Before this i tried ESP EC50,EC100,Viper 100 Ibanez GRX 20,GRG170,GRG270,GRG121,Squier Affinity Fat Strat,Affinity Strat,Bullet Strat,Black & Chrome Strat,Hot Rails Strat,& Epiphone Les Paul Special.Nothing else is even close.Only the PRS SE Custom sounds as good as this & it costs 2-3 times more.this is the best in it's price range & quality.
    Prefab Funk
    [quote]Prefab Funk wrote: Torino TR3 is very bright sounding guitar.Alder body with blue quilt maple top.Plugged through a Laney GH100L [tube] head & GS 412IS [4 X 12] cabinet the sound is warm and beautiful.great guitar for a fat blues tone.I have also tried this guitar with a Vox Valvetronix VT30 & Line 6 spider III 30 & it sounded great on both.Also available in transparent green & transparent red.Beautiful to play & beautiful to look at.Before this i tried ESP EC50,EC100,Viper 100 Ibanez GRX 20,GRG170,GRG270,GRG121,Squier Affinity Fat Strat,Affinity Strat,Bullet Strat,Black & Chrome Strat,Hot Rails Strat,& Epiphone Les Paul Special.Nothing else is even close.Only the PRS SE Custom sounds as good as this & it costs 2-3 times more.This is the best for what it is worth,in terms of quality & affordability.Try it & you will know.
    ultrabot90
    Can someone please write a detailed review on the TR3 if they have one? I'm planning to buy one in a month or so...Also, what's the difference between TR3 and 4, and the Avion AV6 and 7? The site isn't very clear. And are either Avion or Torino available in 24 frets?