Torino TR4 review by Samick

Samick: Torino TR4

Purchased from: jb heart music

I had a Ibanez RG570 that is great for metal and all that, but I was looking for somthing with a little bit more blues sound to it at the time, and I found this guitar. The duncan design p-ups sound really smooth and clean in any postion, and also sound great when in overdrive/distortion. After having it for about 4 years I have switched out the duncan designs for a pair of Gibson 490's, wich sound way better in my opinion. I use a Peavy 1X12 for an amp and Genisis3 DigiTech for effects and with the new pickups it sounds really awesome

I play a wide rang of music, and it covers about all of them, I have been playing for about 8 years and I have a 1993 Gibson Les Paul Studio, Fender highway 1 Strat, and a Schecter c1 classic and it ranks right up there with them (with the new pickups). This guitar had the body style and the carved top wich I like better. If it were stolen I would def. Buy another you can't beat the price for such a well playing guitar.as far as what I love about it is the quilted maple top, the fast playing neck, I would say it is one of the lightest guitars I have ever played. When I was shopping around and bought this one I was intending on getting a Gibson SG Special (love the body design)but I played a few and did not like the neck on them (felt bulky)then I seen this guitar. When I picked it up I fell in love with it (very smooth playing) it did not have as hot of pickups like the SG has but for the price it was def. Worth the money. Even with the pickup upgrade on it was still less than the SG and in my opinion it plays way nicer than an SG (the 490s sound great in it). I have never had any problems with it. Overall it is a very well made guitar. The only thing I would change on them is put hotter pickups in them. But for the price you really can't beat it.

To be honest I have never played live with it, but I have had it for about 5 years and it has traveld with me from state to state, I have dropped it a few times and did not break or anything. Seems pretty durable. The tuners are grover wich are high quality in my opion. It stays in tune very well. The front strap button is mounted were the neck connects so it is very solid, there are two in the back so you don't have to adjust your strap if you want it a little higher up.

When I got the guitar it was set up pretty good, I did some small tweeking here and there with the action (wich is very easy with the tune o matic bridg)after that the thing played like a dream. Really fast slinder neck. There were no flaws what so ever. Beautifull quilted carved maple top. The neck and body has bindings on it. The neck is very smooth to play. Overall a very well made guitar.

Let me start off by saying this is accually for the torino tr3, they don't have it in the selection above, they are made in korea. It is a 22 fret neck, with medium sized frets. It has a mahogany body and neck, with a rosewood fretboard (sounds great). It has a quilted carved maple top with 2 tone sunbust. It has a SG body style. Tune-o-matic for easy set up. It has 1 volume and 1 tone control and a 3 way pickup selecter, it has 2 duncan design humbucker pickups. The tunners are grover (very good) they are none locking. No included accessories.