Warlock Review

manufacturer: Samick date: 02/01/2010 category: Electric Guitars

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Samick: Warlock
review (1) pictures (1) 24 comments vote for this gear:
Warlock Reviewed by: fcukyoufirefly, on february 01, 2010

Price paid: A$ 233

Purchased from: Trademe

Features: Made in Korea since 1958. I'm not actually sure what model this guitar is, but the serial number is 2050428, if that tells you anything. It has a warlock body, and although my one has been custom painted with some mean skulls, it is just plain black with a creamy white line around the edge. The guitar features a Licenced Floyd Rose Tremelo and locking nuts. 25 frets. Also includes a 3-way selector and 3 control knobs. // 5

Sound: This guitar definately needs its buddy to sound good, my Line 6 IV amp. I got my guitar in the post, not expecting much out of it. I took it straight to my local music store and they changed the strings and tuned it for me. I was shocked at how nice it played after that. I play mostly rock and metal, and it sounds great. Solos sound awesome, but it's probably not the guitar for strumming or power chords. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: I don't know a lot about this guitar, but when I got it I was happy with everything except the strings, which were a cheap and easy fix. The only problem is that the strings get rusty fast around the string locks and need changed every 6 months or so, which is more often than I'd like to. Everything else is satisfactory. It would of course be no match against a Dean or a Gibson or something awesome like that, but it's definately one of the best guitars for it's price I've ever played // 7

Reliability & Durability: It's a pretty hardy guitar, I reckon. I've never gotten around to getting the bridge clamped down, but I'm rough with it anyway and it's fine. I've dropped it by accident a fair few times too, and it hasn't gotten any new scratches or dints since it arrived at my door. I think it would withstand live playing, and I know can depend on this guitar for a long time. // 6

Overall Impression: I play heavy rock and metal, and this guitar is amazing for playing solos on. I've been playing for 6 years, but since I'm pretty broke I've never had many really cool guitars. This is definately my favourite guitar, but if it were lost or stolen, I don't think I would get it again. I would be really gutted, but probably save up for something better set up. I love this guitar, mostly because it is the coolest looking guitar I have ever seen! // 8

More Samick reviews rating category latest review
+ Silvertone SG 21 8.6 Electric Guitars 10/28/2015