006 Blackjack review by Schecter

Schecter: 006 Blackjack

Purchased from: ebay

The sound is great for metal and rock and the Seymour Duncan pups make good quality and controllable sound at high volume and with distortion. It has good sustain. You get a good range of clean sounds on 3 of the settings and the in-between settings sound a bit like when you coil tap - more like a single buckers - I can't think how else to describe it. I own a Schecter Hollywood Classic and Dean HardTail with active EMG's and I find this guitar somewhere between the two. It isn't as extreme as using active EMG's and isn't as adaptable as the Hollywood Classic. By that I mean the HC will do all that this does and more so because of that I can only give it an 8. Tough because if I didn't own the H/C I may well have given it a 9.

I have been playing on and off for many years. I love the comfort of this guitar and the control layout. The sound is great for metal, rock and blues and it handles distortion and volume well. A good choice for gigging if you like passive pups. It does exactly what it was designed for very well and is a pleasure to own. Note: This is quite rare as the spec. Changed in 2006. If buying don't confuse it with cheaper versions with bolt on necks and inferior pups.

This guitar was already about 6 years old when I got it. It has a few signs of use such as belt scratches on the back and the odd knock and has stood up well. Everything functions like it should so I guess that deserves a 10. I would trust it if gigging as much as anything.

This was used when I bought it so I can't tell you anything about factory set-up but I have no complaints. Nice action, the set neck is great quality and typical Schecter feel. There are indicter dots on the fret board and along the top edge of the guitar if you need them. The pick-ups are set up how I like them, it is well finished. The controls are well placed and easy to find. It has a quality feel, average weight and its comfortable to "wear". This is my first guitar with a 006 shape and I like it. It will make a great gigging guitar as it looks cool!

Made in 2005, with a catalogue price of $819 this is a well capable and well specified guitar. It has a set mahogany ultra-access neck and a well sculpted mahogany body. Rosewood fretboard with 24 jumbo frets and a 25.5" scale, TonePros TOM/thru-body multiply construction. It has quality Grover tuners. Electronics are straight forward with 1x tone, 1x vol and a 5-way selector + nice crunchy Seymour Duncan JB/59 passive pups. The finish is Black gloss with nice aged creme binding all around the guitar and is finished with cool black chrome fittings.

blackbird51
    Meta1H3ad
    blackbird51 wrote: EMG's aren't everything you know. A lot of metal players, myself included, prefer the dynamics and natural tone out of a good set of passives..you shouldn't need a battery in your guitar to sound good.
    EMG makes passive Pickups, you know. About the guitar, i think the body looks kinda ugly, to be honest, but i bet the guitar is a ****in beast!
    pinballer
    I have one and like it a lot. Well made as the review says and if I lost it i'd have another. Shecter quality is great and the 006 shape is cool!
    spooky1966
    best guitar ive got beats my lps strats of vintage era beats my ibanezs amazing and the price great.i can tell u kiddies ive been playing since 1970 get this particular model and solve all your tonal problems in one axe love it
    pinballer
    I have one of these. Quality guitar and the 006 shape is great! Good review but I think it deserves a better overall impression mark.
    TheResults
    LOVE LOVE LOVE SCHECTER! C-1 Elite w/ 81/85's was the first guitar I ever bought
    Metallichemical
    I got the Diamond Series Elite 006 in December of 2010 used at Guitar Center. It was in great shape and I love it. As said, the 006 body shape is very comfortable and lightweight. Mine has a beautiful red finish.
    pinballer
    Click and see the 2nd picture, it's looks great when see it close up. Gloss black and creme binding are nice.
    mysticportal85
    Love this guitar. My absolute favorite out of my whole collection of 30+ guitars. I love it so much I have 3 lol. 2 right handed models, one for shows, the other for studio and a lefty because, well, why not? Awesome guitar, incredible versatility to it's sound and tone. I highly recommend it to everyone.