006 Deluxe review by Schecter

Schecter: 006 Deluxe

This guitar, being my first electric suits my music style perfectly, I'm just learning but I play mainly classic rock and it sounds great! But this guitar is really good for just about any style of play. I run it through a 15 watt Vox amp, with built in effects, and I can set it up to sound just about anyway I want. Although with a lot of distortion and the more distorted amp simulations it becomes hard to distuinguish notes, and becomes mainly noise. However with the correct settings (I like the Black 2X12 with about 1/3 gain, full volume, and more treble than middle and bass) it has a really bright clean sound.

I have been playing Acoustic guitar for about 4 months now, and I bought this guitar about a week ago. It suits me perfectly as I'm still learning, and sounds great for playing classic rock, my favorite style. Before I bought it I was able to compare to an Epiphone SG, and a Squier Strat, and IMO this guitar had the best overall sound, and the quality is on par With the Epiphone SG. If this guitar were ever lost or stolen (and I had the money) I would not hesitate to buy another one.

This eem likes a really a solid guitar, and I think it would take a lot of abuse, however abusing this guitar is not something I plan on doing.

The action on theis guitar is beautiful, it has good harmonics all the way down the neck, and even just over the first humbucker. The guitar was set up great from the factory (Schecter has the guitars made in Korea and then shipped to Los Angeles where they set them up), and I could find no flaws.

Made in Korea, it has 22 jumbo frets and a rosewood fretboard, neck is maple. It is a solid body arched top design, following the lines a Strat. It has a dark red transparent satin finish, looks really great after a polish. It has a string-thru body bridge, and two humbuckers, accompanied by a 3-way selector, a volume knob, and a tone (or distortion as I've seen it called) knob.