006 Deluxe review by Schecter

Schecter: 006 Deluxe

The guitar has a really warm tone, with fairly decent harmonics. This fits my style well because I play mostly hardrock, punk, hardcorde, metal, ska and some Indie. I'm currently using a Fender 25R, with a DigiTech RP80 amp modeler. The amp has this buzzing noise while switched to overdrive that seems to go away when you put your hand over the handle on the top. The guitar itself is only noisy when distortion or gain is cranked up. When playing chords its hard to distinguish individual notes. The guitar has a full sound but not very bright. It's more of a warm dull tone, but still pretty decent. This guitar makes just the same variety of sounds as any other.

Overall this guitar is great for my style of music and is great for any beginner or even at a more experienced level. After a while playing this guitar you'll want to replace the pickups. I'm getting the awesome JB SH-4 and SH2N combination to replace them. There is nothing I wish I had asked before buying this guitar except for any warranty's that it might come with. If it was stolen or lost I would get something according to my budget. I would get the best guitar for the price and right now the 006 Deluxe would be the one. Lets face it people.. you get what you pay for. I love the warm tones this guitar puts out. Its perfect for metal, but I hate how the individual notes are distorted when its overdriven. I compared this guitar to the Omen 6 and Omen 7. Originally I was gonna get the Schecter Gryphon which was a little more expensive but was out of my budget. I wish it had some kickin EMGs or some JB's.

This guitar will absolutely withstand live playing. It is very sterdily built and could handle some hard knocks. The hardware seems like it would last just about any beginner until they become more experience and end up buying a new one. The strap buttons are very solid. I've never had a strap fall off or even come loose. You can def depend on this guitar at any gig without a backup. The finish is perefectly fine and would not wear off under any normal circumstances.

This guitar seems like it was set up well. I've droped it a couple times and everything looks fine. The action is great. The guitar is easy to play, and the neck is super smooth. The pickups were adjusted perfectly. The first time adjusting them myself was difficult but thats only because it was the first time.I can't see anything wrong with the headstock or bridge. of course I'm only a novice. I've been playing for about 6 months so somebody with more experience may be able to find more flaws than me.

My 006 is a 2005, made in USA, but manufactured in South Korea. This guitar has 22 jumbo frets with a 25 and a half inch scale. It has a solid top basswood body with a rosewood finger/fretboard. The finish on my guitar is one of the reasons I wanted to buy a Schecter. It has a Vampyre Red Satin finish with beautiful craftsmanship. It has a Strat body style with a few variations. It has a tunomatic bridge with string thru-body. It includes a volume and tone nob, and a three way selector. Its driven by duel humbuckers. Diamond tuners. My guitar did not come with any included accessories.