006 Deluxe review by Schecter

• Reviewer's score: 4.6 Poor
Schecter: 006 Deluxe

This guitar really didn't suit my musical styles. It was great for metal. Distorted this guitar has a thick, heavy sound exspecially when you play the neck pickups, but when the guitar was played clean It really didn't get the job done. The sustain sucked and when I played chords I really couldn't hear all the notes being played. This guitar also had problems with certain effects. I felt the chorus and phase shifters didn't have much clarity play through the daimond pickups.

This was a pretty easy guitar to let go of. To tell you the truth this was what I call a teenager guitar. This guitar will not change with your musical style and has little value outside of playing punk, metal, or hardcore. This guitar will also lose value very fast so if your thinking about trading it in don't expect more then 75 to 100 dollars.

You can really depend on this guitar to hold its sound and action but thats about it. The hardware and finish will start to run down after only a couple of months of gigging. you should defently have a backup when gigging with this guitar. I think no matter what you play with you should have a back up. It's just a smart thing to do.

This guitar seemed to be put together well. Everything seemed to be in place, but after about a month the damn thing looked like crap. The finish didn't up hold its strength and luster. The knobs on this guitar where pretty cheap too. After about a month they need to be replaced. The action on this guitar was suprisingly good however. It was a very easy guitar to play and you didnt have to struggle with pressing down strings during difficult chords. It also was a killer tapping guitar.

I owned a 2005 006 Deluxe. It had a maple bolt on neck, 22 jumbo frets, rosewood fret board, and Schecter Diamond pickups. Overall the features on this guitar didn't satisfy me. This was the first guitar with a bolt on neck that I have owned and I hated it. The both on just made the guitar look so cheap and trashy. Plus the damn thing was hard to keep clean. I did like the 22 frets, but besides that everything was pretty standard.

SkateEmerica987
    this was my first guitar too, but now i have a jackson dkmg dinky with and emg 81/85 setup, that sounds awsome.
    wings4marie
    i have a BC Rich bronze series Warlock and am considering trading it in towards one o these. the red grain finish is better than the black in my opinion
    Hardk0re R0ck3r
    I have an ibanez as my first guitar but alot people recommend schecters and i think im going to but me one of these.
    Hardk0re R0ck3r
    I have an ibanez as my first guitar but alot people recommend schecters and i think im going to buy me one of these.
    PLZKLLME0080
    Wow, apparently this guitar is expensive. this was my first guitar and i got it for 250 bucks!
    schecterguy
    Yeah.. I bought mine for around 300, but retail on it is like 450, but this guitar is amazing for your first guitar. I still have mine with the red finish and EMG 81/85 pickups. (I lost my Zack Wilde collectible pick that came with the set :{
    keepitrock16
    Yeah this was my first guitar also. I bought the black one. I didnt like the guitar as much. I play metal, so it was great for that, but like i've read, it doesn't play clean well at all. Also my pick up switch always shorts out so it doesn't always switch when i need it to. Other then that, SEXY guitar. hahaha
    ILoveMetal2542
    I don't know why the guy who rated this guitar like 5 stars even rated it. IF he likes blues or country -- Duh, this guitar isn't for him. It's meant for rock and metal and you can't keep it clean to well, other than that it's a great guitar!!
    Fendermz61
    I just found a great ex of this model. I've been playing for 8 years and my rig consists of a victory kraken amp and three Gibson Les Pauls (two studios and one standard) that are all very well setup. This cheap schecter was hanging att a wall in the studio at our rehersal and it blew me away. It sounds great for the kind of genre that I play (modern heavy metal) and it plays great better than not just all of my Les Pauls but also almost every guitar that I ever played on. Great guitar!