006 Deluxe review by Schecter

Schecter: 006 Deluxe

The 006 fits me pretty well. I really like the clean sound which is what I use more of, but doesn't get real noisy wen you throw a little distortion at it. My only complaint is when set up clean it can be hard to get the high notes to really ring out compared to what I'm getting out of the lower 3 strings, no matter how I set up the amp or guitar.

Overall I've been very happy with this guitar. I've really had no reason not to be. I've also got an Epiphone acoustic and for every 30 mins that I play it I probably play the 006 for 2-3 hours. that's how much I enjoy playing it. I've played some friends lower end guitars and I think I'm already at the point that if I had those I'd be replacing them. The 006 though I think is a guitar I'll be holding on to for a long time.

I would say it's pretty reliable. It holds it's tune really well and after a year it still looks Brand New. When I bought it I had to ride an hour and a half on a harley with it strapped in a backpack bag to get back home. When I got there I didn't have to tighten anything back up which is impressive considering how bad the harley vibrates. Sadly I drove the harley to houston so that I wouldn't buy a guitar. That worked out well.

The guitar was manufactured extremely well. Since I pulled it out of the box I haven't had to adjust or change anything. I adjusted the action a little lower and messed with the pickups some, but that wasn't really neccessary. I just wanted to play with it and see how bad I could try and mess it up.

I got my 06 Deluxe a year ago, so Feb/Mar of 07, and it's been a great guitar for my first. 22 frets on a rosewood fingerboard that plays very smooth. It's a string-thru basswood body with a maple neck. I got the 'Vampire red' as they call it and it comes with volume and tone knob with a 3-way selector.

GuitarPlayer716
    Looks pretty nice, even though there's no way it should have been given all 10s if it's on par with an Epi SG- my LTD EX-260 plays a lot better than one of those, and I still wouldn't give it all 10s. But I digress, looks good, I might be getting a Schecter soon, but I'm looking more into the Hellraiser.
    jbaker253
    how would you polish this guitar?! with what products? or just a soft cloth?
    Teufel
    I've always liked Schecter. I want the one with the cross inlays. I forgot the name.
    necrome
    wth is this talk about expensive i had a schecter c-1 plus which was an amzing guitar for only 550 then i sold it and bougtha gibson les paul for 1800 thats an expensive guitar
    kennonator
    i hav this guitar in the red - other than the socket coming a bit loose (which i'm sure happens on most guitar) the 006 has been great!!!!