006 Deluxe review by Schecter

Schecter: 006 Deluxe

Price paid: A$ 450

Purchased from: Billy Hyde Music

The amplifier I will be using for this review is a Roland Cube 20X. I play predominatly metal, but also a lot of blues and classic rock. It plays metal very well, the Diamond plus pick ups can handle heavy distortion great. Also, no problems with the classic rock. The clean sound is great as well, which is great for bands like Red Hot Chili Peppers and Sublime. This guitar can handle almost any genre of music flawlessly. It is also really comfortable to play, mainly due to the lightness of the basswood body. I just play at home so I don't usually crank it at full volume, but I did it for the sake of this review, and there was little to no noise. This guitar is prefectly suited to beginner players.

This guitar is great for mainly metal, but can do most otehr genres pretty well. I've been playing for around 2 years and learned on a Samick Telecaster (not great for high gain music) and this guitar is a step up from it. I would definatly consider buying this guitar again if it was stolen. Overall, this is a great beginner guitar with basic features. There is a very competitive market for guitars in this price range (some other schecters, Ibanez's and Jacksons), and this is definatly up there with the best of them. I recommend it for beginners.

I can see this guitar withstand the pressures of Live playing, but definatly take a back up. I was also really glad that the strap buttons were solid, I have a thing about being scared they are going to fall of. It is a light and durable guitar, which is a great thing for beginning players. As I said before, if you have a thing about marks on your guitar, definatly get it in red.

The guitar was set up perfectly right out of the box, so no problems there. The action was set up at a nice median, so it was great. The pick-ups weren't to low, so thatw as a relief as well. I bought the guitar in black, and that is definatly my only regret. Every single mark showed up on it, so I definatly advise buying it in the Vampire Red.

I think my Schecter 06 Deluxe was made in 2007 in Korea. It has 22 jumbo frets on a 25.5 inch scale. The maple neck is bolt on, with a rosewood fingerboard and Dot inlays, with the Schecter trademark 'fat' neck. it's a basswood body that comes in satin black or vampire red. It has a tune-O-matic bridge with dual Schecter Diamond Plus humbuckers. The awesome looking Schecter headstock has non locking tuners. It comes with a 3 way pick-up selector and 1 volume and 1 tone knob. It comes loaded with.11 to.46 strings.

kennonator
    however as my musical range has widened ive found that this guitar is great for metal and rock but not so good for less distorted genres - how someone can give this guitar straight tens is beyond me - especcially someone who has been playing for only three months. Don't get me wrong - for the price this guitar is almost unbeatable - but certainly not worthy of straight tens
    good_blink_plan
    For the guy who rated it 4.6. DUH, of course it's only good for rock/punk/metal. its a ****ing schecter.
    im_bored
    Since when is a tone knob a distortion knob? It's kind of hard to take a review seriously if they don't even know what their knobs do. Unless I'm mistaken, but I've never seen a distortion knob on a guitar, I don't think a knob can even create distortion, I believe that requires a preamp
    LupoGomez
    First guitar too. And I think it's exelent for heavy emtal, for thrash and groove. I can simulate Dimebag Darrel's sound onli with a distortion pedal (BOSS DS-1) and a STAGG 20GA EU amplifier. It's an amazing and versatile guitar with a beautyful clean sound and (if you want) a dirty and violent distorted sound.
    b1droid
    This is my 2nd guitar and even though i've only learned for 8 months this is a SEXY Guitar And i play random soungs that are usually metal and rock and it sounds Great!!(a7x FTW, RIP the rev) And i wanna Punch that douche who rated 4 4 this baby just cuz it wasnt his style.
    b1droid
    i bought in 2010 It has no buzzes and even though mine was made in China i got it 4 300$ and the so far there is nothing bad about it that i no! and im happy i got the vampyre red, no finger marks
    b1droid
    The clean sound is go with a peavey amp, to the guy who said it suxed lol
    cj9t92
    This is my first guitar purchase and it plays really well, although i think it needs a string change but i dunno where to start :S. Does any1 have any links or info to help please?
    Dekunut
    I love the hell out of this bastard. I bought this as a major update from my squire and have no regrets. The stock pickups sound great for it's price and it's enough to get the job done. I plan on replacing the pickups with EMG 81/85 one day.
    lunarpolitiks
    Welsh Guitar wrote: You bought this as your first guitar? you must be loaded!
    I bought one as my first electric after playing acoustic for a while. Payed $70 USD for it pre-owned, only issues were it was missing a string and a knob cover.
    markosteffo
    I got one of these for $150.00 at Guitar center.. buffed it out with maguillars car wax and an electric polisher,, has a nice gloss.. action is way low and sounds great,, I play mostly SRV style blues,and I see no problems with it,, the volute on the neck is a nice touch, neck has a nice feel. Has a nice feel although a bit heavy. I would not own two of these guitars,but this one is cool,,only bad thing about this guitar,, it is UGLY as homemade sin.