006 Elite review by Schecter

Schecter: 006 Elite

Purchased from: Sound Control

Music style suitability and playability: I've been trying to play a wide range of music on this guitar and so far it has not let me down on anything I attempt. For those of you who want some hardcore crunching rock, the 06 Elite does a pretty good job to say the least! The sustain on this baby is excellent! On the other end of the spectrum, cleaning everything out to play a bit of jazz and blues sounds just as good! I must say that it will be the guitar judging you rather than the other way round when it comes to competence in playing. The only drawbacks that I would suggest would be the bridge which is shunted quite far down the body, to accomodate for the 24 frets, making palm muting a nightmare I you play with this baby hanging low. However, if you're tall enough, or got long arms, there's nothing to stop you from churning out those sounds. Amps: Marshall - no effects pedal yet. Sounds: Not noisy, very wide range in variety.

I've got a varied taste in my music, but in general this baby has managed to churn out riffs and tunes from heavy metal to jazz and blues, and I find that a definite bonus, the versatility means that I can almost do anything with it and the finish is classy enough to fit in with your style of playing. I've been playing for 5 years now, and this is my first electric, previously I've owned two acoustics and I've also played a lot on my mates De-Armand Jetstar; comparing the two, I would give the thumbs up to the 006, though it has a lot smaller body compared to the Jetstar. I wish I'd asked more about the push-pull tap coil, as I have yet to find out exactly what I can do with it, but I guess someone out there who knows might be able to tell me sometime soon. I would definitely buy this guitar again if it was lost or stolen. I love the feature, the colour, the finish, the way it sits/hangs when you're playing - at first the shunted bridge did require a bit of getting used to, but only due to the fact that the Jetstar has a much higher bridge and a bigger body. I don't think I hate any feature. My favourite has to be the diamond inlay no the 12th fret and the finish. I've compared this thing with so many others! I've compared this with whole range of Ibanez, Fender, Yamaha, Pacifica's, Line 6 and PRS which was out of my budget. I chose this one, initially because of the style, but then when I was playing, the sounds that were coming out were astonishingly good. Plus it does feel a bit like a PRS merged with an Ibanez, but better!

This guitar is built like a brick! I've been carrying this thing around with me everywhere since I bought it, and I've only had to re-tune this thing twice. A good solid body and clean cut finish hardware will make this thing last for 5-10 years garunteed. The strap buttons are solid chrome, mind you everything here on this baby is chrome, and very sturdy. This guitar can save my life, that's how dependable it is, and to the pro's I think you would all agree that you wouldnt need a backup in a gig if you have this, with the only exception of you wanting a 22 fret guitar. The satin finish is brilliant, and so far apart from the small scratch located on the back where the panel is, it's very good. It doesn't look thin, nor give the impression of wearing off. It almost looks like it glows from the inside with a fat inch worth of polish!

Good exceptional finish, playable straight off the shelf! Pickups: factory settings. Flaws: a few scratches on the back, as it was shop spoiled, however Sound Control have promised a refund when they get the new stock.

- Frets: 24 jumbo - Neck/scale: 25.5" scale maple neck, with rosewood fretboard, featuring a double diamond inlay on the 12th Fret and a classy cream neck binding - Top: flame maple - Body: mahogany - Finish: satin - Bridge: Tune-O-Matic bridge with the Schecter strings through body design - Electronics: active - Controls: 3-way, volume and tone with a push-pull coil tap feature - Pickups: 2 Duncan designed HB103 humbucker pickups in the bridge - Tuners: all chrome with Grover tuners - Accessories: came with gig bag, lead and jar-full of plectrums.