006 Elite review by Schecter

Schecter: 006 Elite

Purchased from: sound control

This guitar is great for any genre of music from heavy metal to blues. I use Roland VGA-5 Cosm with built in FX including wah, tremolo, slow gear, phaser and flanger and I use Hot Line leads. This guitar has a built in whammy bar but it is not an actual whammy bar you press hard on the top of the guitar body were you can attach your strap.

My overall impression of this guitar is that it is a great piece of equitment for any genre. I play a lot of different music from Oasis/Coldplay to Slipknot/Metallica and I have only been playing for about a 3 years and this guitar helped throughout those 3 years. I also own a little 50watt Fender amp which is a great for beginers, I previously played a Squier Stratocaster which kept going out of tune and I have a Korg chromatic guitar/bass tuner and a Roland VGA-5 with built FX. I have to say I had a really hard time picking between a Gibson Les Paul Zakk Wylde Camoflague edition and this Schecter 06 Elite but this is a brilliant guitar and my cousin who is in a band called Cadaverburn and he owns a Gibson Les Paul Zakk Wylde Bullseye edition and it is great but I just like the Schecter guitars lighter and easier to play then Gibsons.

I know that this guitar will withstand live playing because the guitarist from Papa Roach uses a lot of Schecters live and in music videos. The guitar does have very strong strap buttons and withstand nearly anything including swinging guitar around like Kurt Curbain, don't try or you might brake your guitar. It is also a very reliable guitar if taken care of properly.

There is nothing wrong with this guitar exept that on the pickups brand mark Duncan Designed wears away and if the guitar is scratched the scratch and marks realy stand out.