006 Elite review by Schecter

Schecter: 006 Elite

Purchased from: Sound COntrol

I play a lot of grunge/post hardcore/metal music, and this does the job perfectly while switched on to full humbucking, but it also works well with blues music. I use it with a Marshall practice amp and a Boss MD-2 Mega Distortion pedal. And it sounds monstrous, and it sounds great with my PH-3 Phase Shifter too. I sometimes play Indie music with a OS-2 Overdrive-Distortion pedal. And I jsut tap out the humbuckers, and it gives the exact sound I want, kind of Telecaster sounding.

This is my main guitar and when compared to higher priced guitars, it's up there with the best of them. I would compare this to a PRS, and would easily pick it over a Gibson.

When I gig with this guitar, I get a comforting feeling it won't break, it feels sturdy, as I like to let loose on stage, and even when swung about and banged it stays in tune and in one piece. I use 10 gauge D'Addarios, in drop D mainly, but when I detune to Drop C it keeps the heavy sound I want it too have, without it sounding scratchy.

When I got this guitar it was perfectly set up, nothing needed changed.

muzz666
    A built in whammy bar? If what you're doing is what I think you're doing....you're bending the neck of a SET NECK GUITAR....fool
    KidRage
    Love the instrument but thebdd pickups are thin and need to be replaced. Other than that it is a wonderful guitar. I picked up mine used and in great shape for 175.00 us from a private seller.
    sgreenhalgh
    i have a 006, well thats what it sais at the top of the neck though mine has diamond inlays the whole fretboard and i think its the earlier model of this one? i dont know, im presumming the 1st oo6's didnt have elite written at the top maybe
    OhSoInsane
    whats the difference between the 006elite and 006extreme? I have extreme, does that make a difference? it has the same features as the elite one when I read through this review
    Rayvann
    uh, not exactly. the 006 extreme is more similar in features to the 006 deluxe, main difference being the the figured top. like most schecter guitars, it's a great guitar compared to others in the price range. however, the 006 elite is still alot better, considering pickups and general construction
    TigerKraw
    The 006 Extreme is the next step down from the Elite with basswood instead of mohogany, Schecter Tuners instead of Grover, Alnico humbuckers instead of Duncan designed and Tom through body instead of a Tune-amatic. 006 Extreme Specs CONSTRUCTION/SCALE: Bolt-on /25.5 BODY: Basswood w/ Figured Maple Top NECK/FINGERBOARD: Maple/Rosewood FRETS: 22 Jumbo INLAYS: Vector PICKUPS: 2 Schecter High Output Alnico humbuckers ELECTRONICS: Vol/Tone (tap)/ 3-way BRIDGE: TOM w/ thru-body BINDING: Creme (body, neck, headstock) TUNERS: Schecter HARDWARE: Black Chrome COLOR: Black Cherry (BCH) I'll be picking up a new 006 Extreme in the next few weeks I'll write a more detailed review then. Both Elite and Extreme are very good guitars for the money, But the Elite has better wood and hardware.
    thatmikedude
    dude i just bought this guitar used from my guitar shop and its a total beast! it shredds like awesomely and the stock pups lay out some raging tone thatll rip through any mix and make you sound good no matter what
    Metallichemical
    ^It really is. Bought this guitar used at a GC about 2 months ago for a total of just a little over 200 bucks (including the warranty put on it, 179 without) in almost brand new condition. I LOVE it! I'll have to post a review in a few months or so when I have more time to experiment with it.