006 Hellraiser review by Schecter

Schecter: 006 Hellraiser

I play a lot of metal and this guitar is made for purely that. I mess around with other stuff like blink and what not and it just doesnt't sound right. I use a marcshal stack with a metalzone 2 pedal and this thing screams. I love the sound of the EMGs in this guitar. Like one of the other reviewers said it can get noisy if you keep it to close to your amp but other than that it isnt that bad. I don't think that the guitar sounds the best for cleans but it's not horrible. All in all a really great (cheap) guitar...

like I said before I play metal and this guitar is perfect for that. I have been playing for about 10 years now and I have to say for the price this guitar beats out everything that I have ever bought. it has a nice weight to it and doesnt't feel cheap one bit. absolutly amazing. if this guitar was stolen I would replace it for sure but be pissed that someone took it. It's the only guitar I have kept after all these years. most of the time I sell them because they don't meet my expectations. I love the way that it plays and even though the neck is a little beefy it's soooo comfortable. I was looking at getting a LTD or Jackson and this easily beat out both. I know that one of the earlier reviews had someone Who was new at playing review it and even to me most of the time I want someone with experience but I have to say that he knows his stuff. This guitar is amazing and any new metal head looking for a wicked shred machine. Schecter have em. They are hella cheap and you get an A-Bomb for your buck. I'm for sure getting that new hellraiser V-Model. woo hoo.

this guitar has and does withstand Live playing. i would use this without a back up because i dont really play to rough so i rarely break strings. the tuners hold tune very well and the strap buttons are hella solid. i have had this guitar for going on 3 years now and it is amazing. very very well made. it looks the same as the day that i got it.

I ordered it from drumcityguitarland and they set the guitar up to your specs before they send it so it was amazing. one of the previous reviewers said that there is no way to get the action super low due to the xj frets... disregard that! I have 12-56's on mine tuned to drop C and the action is so low that you can blow on the strings to hammer out a note. This axe is amazing. the pickups were positioned well and all the hardware was fine. It is still the only guitar that I have had that I have never had problems with the hardware or knobs falling off. The finish is beyond words. The gloss coat is really thick so it takes quite a bit to scratch it and leave a mark which is always nice. this thing feels like a guitar. Not some cheap crap wannabe.

It got mine is early 06 so I have noticed that now you can get them with the coil split and whatnot but mine was made in Korea and set up in USA. It has 24 x-jumbo frets, 3 piece mahogany set-neck, rosewood fingerboard and 25.5 scale. The body is mahogany, the black cherry model comes with a quilted maple top which is F-ing beautiful. It's a super Strat with a more modern cut. Has TonePros bridge with string thru-body. Equipped with EMG 81 and 89 active pick ups. Got the case with it and it is a really sturdy case.

warrenguitar
    Wicked guitar!!! Wish i owned one of those! Awesome color scheme and not such a bad price considering its a Cort. Great pickups.
    Toki Wartooth7
    does anyone happen to know if switching to a guitar with jumbo frets take time to get use to if they are playing a guitar with regular size frets(fender strat)?
    Chill 02
    I got one of these (gloss black finish) and I can confirm pretty much everything that was said in these reviews. Amazing axe.