006 Hellraiser review by Schecter

Schecter: 006 Hellraiser

Its suits my music style very well, I play thrash metal along with other metal, rock and Acoustic. It's got alot of tone thanks to the mahogany body and the a EMG's are great on highly distorted settings, and give very good cleans when coil split. The tone knob allows for full sounds at lower setting and brighter sounds when fully up (10). The guitar naturally has quite a thick tone. Shred guitar is really defined along with low-end palm-muted rhythms which can sound chunky as well as clear. The active pickups allow for minimum noise, they also boost the output, giving more of the natural tone when the signal reaches the amp.

Had the guitar for about 2 months, been playing properly for a year and a half. Great match for my style of music. I wish I had a better amp before buying the guitar as my doesn't do the guitar justice. If it were stolen lost, I would definately replace it (but maybe with the 2009 C-1 Hellraiser becuase it has locking tuners). I love the coil splitting pickups as this guitar would have a great clean tone if the pickups did better on cleans, but the coil split solves this problem. I compared it against numerous ESPs, Ibanezs and Jacksons. I wish, as previously stated, it had locking tuners. And MAYBE Seymour Duncan Blackouts, for the more organic tone, but the EMGs sound great as it is.

Good lasting finish, black chrome harware doesn't wear either There are a few scratches on the back of the guitar from repeated use but the finish holds well and only strong scatching makes marlks. I can easily depend on it and would gig without backup. Solid strap buttons, although the guitar would benefit from bigger ones. Lasting harware, solidly build guitar, no problems so far.

I got the guitar used although nothing on the guitar had been ajusted. Great set-up, action was low, very low -just the way I like it, but no fret buzz. Pickups were ajusted well, the 81-TW being just near enough to the strings and the 89 alot lower, but maybe a bit too low. There was one factory flaw, a slight flaw beneath the laquor on the neck, but it's unoticable. Everything else was perfect.

2008 model, made in Korea, setup in the US. Same specs as C-1 Hellraiser. Guitar just about everything. The pickups are active 81-TW and 89. Sound the same as the 81/85 set but has a coil split, which is great as the cleans on the 81/85 aren't great - but coil split on lower volumes, you can get Fender-like cleans. Grover tuners, great quality, stays in tune really well - but they're not locking, unlike 2009 C-1 Hellraisers. Gothic cross inlays look really cool, so does the finish (Black Cherry) and the abalone binding. Rosewood fretboard is quite thick like all Schecter necks but it's really great for low-end chunky metal rhythms and suprisingly easy to shred on, the 22 - 24th frets are unbeliveably easy to reach. Two volume controls (Neck + Bridge) and one tone (Shared). 3-way selector Switch, and volume pots are push/pull for coil split. Points off for non-locking tuners.

ZombieDuck
    CrimsonBizzare
    ZombieDuck wrote: I have one with a Floyd Rose Tremelo system, which makes it very hard to tune, but other than that, it is the very best guitar I have ever owned. I'd recogmend getting one without the Floyd Rose system if you don't need it. After all, it is cheaper without it too. Beautiful guitar, great humbuckers.
    All guitars with FRs are harder to tune, but more so with guitar that only have a lisenced FR, Schecter allow people access to an Oringinal FR at a low price in a great guitar.