007 Elite review by Schecter

Schecter: 007 Elite

This guitar can really punch out the crunch. It met all of my hard rock standards (because, face it, though strats are wonderful instrument, they aren't made to be tuned to anything lower than Eb and can't really punch it). It doesn't sacrifice clean tone, either. the cleans are super crisp, more of a melody deep, which is ok because I also have a Strat that is as crispy as walking through dead leaves on a chilly fall morning eating Lay's potatoe chips, but if you want that clean tone and it is your only guitar it is a minus. I would give it a 4.5, but i can't so...

Fantastic for Rock music. Any kind of rock music. Never slips down tuning. Seven string guitars are rare, and even rarer are GOOD seven string guitars. After many months of comparing it to Ibanezes (seven string RG's, Axes, and the famous K7) and Washburns, I knew this was definately the one, and I don't regret it one bit. The bad thing: it took 5 months to get it, and customer service was without a doubt less-than par.

Very durable and strong guitar. It withstood a two hour gig without any flaws, everything is glued in nicely and it is set to go. Plus the lifetime warranty that came with it isn't a bad thing either.

Everything was set up very nicely (which may be why it took 4 months longer than they said it would to get to me) and nothing is out of place, scratched, dented, loose, or poorly aligned. A very beautiful finish which no other guitar of the same color description that i've seen could match.

This is a 2003 model 7 string guitar (there is also a 06 Elite which is the same thing, minus a string). Woods from korea, assembled in U.S.A., 24 jumbo frets with duncan design H-102 pickups, volume, tone, 3-way selector. Maple neck, rosewood fretboard, string-thru construction, quilted black cherry gloss finish with non-locking grover tuners. this guitar has a long list of features, nearly all of which really matter. String-thru construction is not as popular nowadays but it really helps with tuning and string durability.

Vittorio
    I've owned one for two years now and it's one of the best guitars I've played. My only complaints are the obvious, necessary pickup change and the so called "ultra-access cutaway" is too small for my hand, I've played many Ibanez's and ESP's with perfect cutaways.
    PLZKLLME
    This is probably going to be the 7 string guitar that I end up getting. Not that anyone cares.
    hotshotvegetari
    I'm pretty sure Jeff Loomis from Nevermore used this for a while, and he's known for his wide-ranging solos. I'd have to play it myself to see how that cutaway is, but otherwise it seems like a good choice.
    ihave7guitars
    EdguyRule_22
    ihave7guitars wrote: i just bought one off ebay for $300 and it sounds really good just as good a my Damien FR
    Ebay is your friend - got a Damien 6 for $398 (Aus) inc postage. It's brilliant!