Avenger review by Schecter

Schecter: Avenger

I play Metal, Nu Metal, and things like that. Granted it doesnt't suit all the Slipknot songs I play, it suit's my style of music perfectly. With an adjustment on my amp (75 watt Line 6) it goes from the sound of Pantera to Avenged Sevenfold. It's got a nice big sound to it, and with the right settings, clean too. The sound on mine isnt that great right noe, but that's because I haven't changed the strings in awhile. And haven't rplaced the battery in the EMGs in awhile. Over all, I like to keep it with a lot of distortion, but not too much so you can't hear the notes. It gives it a very dark sound, which I really like. It's got a nice sound over all, but it isnt anything special. All the other Schecter Hellraisers sound pretty much the same, so it isnt anything so unique. Despite it not being so special, it is still very versatile when it comes to the sound. I don't play much blues, jazz, or country so I'm not exactly sure how great this guitar is in terms of other genres of music.

Like I said, I play mostly metal and all things similiar. This guitar is a great match for it, although I am planning on buying a Dean Razorback sooner or later to replace it as my main guitar. It's got the dark and distorted sound to it, which is great for metal. I've been playing for about 8 years, and this was the second guitar I got (after my Stratocaster) and it is still what I love to play. The shape of it makes it unique to my Strat and C-1. My Spider Amp, C-1 FR, and Stratocaster is the major gear I own. Minus some pedals, and accessories and what not. I wouldve liked to know more about the EMGs and stuff before I bought it. If this guitar was stolen from me, I wouldn't buy it again immediately. Actually because I have a shortage on money, I'd probably buy the S-1 and then this one later on. Once I saved up some more cash. I love the shape, and the sound of this guitar. Putting the right size of strings on this is key, the fast neck and smallish strings make it easy for bending. I before I bought this product, I was considering buying a Synyster Custom. I decided on the Avenger. I chose this one because the pickups were much better (IMO, the Invaders to EMGs), and I'm not usually a fan of custom guitars. The only thing I can complain about with this guitar, is at times I wish it had a Floyd Rose. But then, sometimes I don't, because thatd make it a hassle to tune down/up more than a few notes.

I've used this guitar Live before, not a scratch. The strap buttons on it are perfect, unlike my Stratocaster which constantly needs the buttons to be tightened. I would use it with no backup, if necasary. A lot of times, I use my C-1 FR at first, since it'd take awhile to tune. Then bring out this speed Demon. The finish, is very thick, with a rosewood fingerboard. I've banged this guitar and one occasion dropped this guitar drom a standing position. It has one small scratch from the drop, and no marks from the bangs. It is very durable, but when playing Live, I'd bring a backup. Just in case. If you aren't a very careful guitarist such as I, then I highly suggest you consider buying this guitar. Very reliable and very durable it is.

This is where the guitar excels. The pickups, were perfect once I got this speed Demon in the mail. The action is great. It had no flaws what'soever once I got it. The neck is so smooth, everyone always points out how fast the neck is. Perfect for the solos that go everywhere around the neck. This guitar was perfect once I got it, except for the very small facor that it was quite dusty. A quick swipe with a piece of cloth was all it took to get this baby sparkely clean. This is the guitar I use most, which means the EMGs often need a change in batteries. But that isn't much of a big deal, unless you let them get really low, then you'll have a terrible terrible sound.

This is the Schecter Hellraiser Avenger, made in Korea I believe. 22 Jumbo frets, and a 25.5 inch neck, pretty much how most of the Schecters are. Made of mahogany, with a quilted maple top, it's super smooth. Black Cherry finish is the color I chose, and I've never been unhappy with it. It's got the Schecter locking tuners, thru the body. For the $900.00 I spent I got a custom hard case, and a new strap. It's got gothic cross inlays, which are IMO much better than the plain old dots that many other guitars have. I prefer these over the Gibson inlays. The Black Chrome hardware is a nice bonus. This guitar has yet to amaze me.

randomhero93
    i love how the second review says it has 22 frets, and not 24. All the hellraisers have 24 frets.
    Ne0Assass1n
    ^ lol agreed. I'm probably gonna get the FR version, luv FRs btw yes they do have a HR Avenger with OFR, not custom shop.