Black Hawk review by Schecter

Schecter: Black Hawk

As for the sound, theis guitar has met every need I have ever had. It could, easily be put of against guitars twice its price and come out victorious. It can play everything from metal to grunge to punk to nice clean stuff. It is not too bright at all. It has a very mellow, rich sound. With it I use a V-Amp 2 and a Crate GLX212. The sound is amazing for a fairlyt cheap guitar through a solid state amp. The only problem I have had is the the volume knob is just not right. It makes a crackely noise when turning it. This seems to be a defect as the other review also mentioned it.

I have been playing for about 3 years. I have had this guitar for 1 and a half. This is definately the best guitar I own. The only problem I have with the guitar is the scrtchy volume pot. But this can be fixed by installing a new pot. They are only like $4. If this guitar was lost or stolen I would not be able to buy it again. It was promotional edition and is no longer available. But I would definatley replace it with another Schecter guitar.

This guitar could definately withsatand live playing. The hardware is solid as are the finish and strap buttons. Although I would have no fear of this guitar breaking down on me I would never play live without a backup. I mean what if you break a string?

The finish on this guitar is something that I love. It is a satin black. ts just so pretty. The Inlay work is probably the bast cosmetic attribute of this guitar. It is this kind of tribal diamond with triangles coming of of it. It really makes this guitar look classy. From the store it was set up fairly well. Of course nothing is ever perfect out of the box but it was nothing that 5 minute of tunning and adjusting couldn't take care of.

Body: Basswood Neck: maple (bolt on) Bridge: TOM string-thru body Controls: 1 volume, 1 tone Pickups: (H/H) Diamond series. There were good for stock pickups. But since then I have put in a JB '59 combo.