Black Hawk review by Schecter

Schecter: Black Hawk

I mostly play metal. I use Zakk Wylde Boomers 11-70 strings. I don't use very many effects with this guitar, my Ibanez I do. My amp is a Marshall AVT 50. My settings are Gain: 10 Master: 2 Bass: 9 Middle: 4 Treble: 7 Depth: 8. It isn't that noisy when its on 2. It's got a rick/full sound. This guitar can make almost any sound I try to make, I cant think of any off the top of my head. I love this guitar, Nothing bad except for the volume knob.

This is a killer match for Metal, grung, and punk. I have been playing for 2&1/2 years, I've had this for a year and a half. I wouldnt ask any thing, but you may do different sutff with guitars. If it was stolen I would get a new one, may be something else but this is my favorite, I like it more that Gibson's. I love everything there is, I love it all. I campared it to Jacksons, Gibsons, Grestech, Febder, Ibanez, etc. There is one last thing I would like to add, I would rate it a 10, not a 5, and buy this guiatr you wont regret it!

This guitar will take any type of playing you throw at it. I've played many types of music test it (that was recomended) but any thing I've done, it took it. The hard ware will last a long time. Not for-ever, but a long time. The strap buttons were solid, I can depend on it. I would use it with out a backup, but you never know what will happen.

It was well. The pick-ups, I lowered the neck pick-up so it was level with is holding case thing and I raised the Bridge about a centa-meter from the strings. I dont get the bookmark thing, but the bridge was routed the right way. When I got it, it and a chip in the paint that isnt much to care, and the plug-in wire was half fried. (but I think that was one in a million.)

This guitar is killer, it has done what ever i wanted it to, from playing w/o the amp, to shreding with a wah. It has accomplished everything I have thrown at is. It was made in '02, I think in the U.S. It has 24 frets and has a tribal inlay that I like. It has a solid Satin top that I love; between the way it feels and looks, its awsome. It has a 3 way pick-up selector, a volume knob(which I'll be talking about soon) and a tone knob. The pick-ups are two Humbuckers, But I'm putting in EMG-11 and 14. I think the model of the pick-ups are jus some cheep standard stuff. The only thing with the electronics is that the volume knob crackles when you turn it on and that it is loose, like if you keep turning it, instead of stoping it keeps going. I dont know what type of wood it is, I'm pretty sure its mohogany, I dont know the neck. The bridge is fixed in, so you put the strings through the body. The body style is more-less a Strat. The tuners are locking I'm pretty sure of, cuz mine doesnt go out of tune very easy. The neck is Jumbo frets I think. I got a free case with it cuz I bought an amp too.