Black Hawk review by Schecter

Schecter: Black Hawk

Purchased from: Sound Control, Hanley

The style of music I normally play is rock so it was perfectly suited for me. The amp I'm currently using is a Line6 SpiderIII 120 and it makes for a really good rock 'n' roll type set up. The Black Hawk has an exellent acoustic like tone if you switch to the rythum pickup and turn the treble setting right down. The full treble sound is a bit rauchy and overpowering but it can be tamed with a bit of perfecting. Overall the variety of sounds is quite good with the right amp, but if you use an amp like the one I was using previously (a Marshall MG30DFX)it can be a bit restricting so my sdvice would be to use an ampe with a variety of sttings like a Crate or a Line 6.

If you play rock this guitar would be great it has the looks and the sound of a rock guitar but it has the qualities to play any sort of music. If it was lost or stolen I probably would buy another, that is after I'd hunted down the git whoed stolen it, I don't think I could replace it even if I did buy another because it was my first guitar. When I bought this guitar 12 months ago I was offered this and a Yamaha pacifica which I didn't lik the look of or the sound of it because of it's tinny sound, the best thing about this is the great warming tone, if you only buy it for this get it.

The guitar will definitly withstand a 'jumping around on stage session'. Everything is built to last from the hardware to the strap buttons. I take mine to school and do gigs there with it and believ me if it can withstand that it can with stand anything. The finish seems a bit thin but it shouldn't matter if you take care of it.

Everything was just perfect when I had mine, the only thing I would say is the nut around the contact jack, it does come loose from time to time but it can be sorted with a pair of plyers. The feel of the guitar is one of the best things about this piece of kit because of the contoured body at the back.

This great starter guitar comes with two genuine Schecter Humbuckers and is part of the Diamond series. It doesn't come with the great selection of a Strat or a les paul but you can choose from the one tone and one master volume availible. The fret board is great it has 24 jumbo frets. It was designed it Calafornia but crafted in Korea like 90% of the other Diamond series. The Tune-O-Matic bridge is great and is really easy to restring.

aldopunkyou
    you guys are gna seriously hate me but i bought my schecter diamond series black hawk for a sweet $31 OH YEAH i got lucky the guy didnt know what he had he had it with one string dirty nd said there were some probs with the volume crackling which i guess im not alone because of the review i just read ALL IN ALL: its freakin sweet guitar for the price defenitley a must have guitar its sturdy too i've gone pretty crazy with it. lol i gave it a 10 just cause i like it so much.
    Megastrummer
    Am planning to move from Yamaha erg121 to the Blackhawk. Live in south west england, might get it at sound control (exclusive) anywhere else. it can't completely belong to sound control. was looking for it in a shop called Rikaxxe but they really only sell strats and Les pauls