C-1 review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1

Purchased from: eBay

I usually play this directly through a Line 6 TonePort UX1 through my laptop. It handles both clean and metal tones well. It suits my music style, which is more rock/metal but it could handle other styles well. The guitar can make a variety of sounds, pinch harmonics are easy to pull off.

This guitar is great. It is a lot lighter than other guitars I've owned or played. It works well with my toneport and can handle the 11s I whacked on it. It also sounds good in drop tunings. I would rather the guitar have some sort of tremolo system, but not a FR. If it were lost of stolen I would definitely cry and then buy it again maybe even the FR version. I didn't compare it to any products at the time, but now I compare it to Ibanez and definitely prefer the look and feel of a Schecter.

Although I have not played a gig with this guitar I believe it would handle one well. The hardware seems to be a good quality, and has lasted around 3 or more years and is still in good condition. The finish is great, and is still as bold as the day I received it and hasn't worn off at all.

The action of the guitar is good, as I got it off eBay I'm not sure how it was set up at the factory and whether it has been modified or not but it seems okay. The pickups have been changed completely to EMGS which I think is a lot better than the original duncans. The only flaws (aside from a few dents in the body) are the screws that hold the EMGs in place have rusted. which really doesn't affect the guitar at all. Other than that, the guitar has next to no flaws. The inlays are well done and so is the binding which is always a nice feature.

The Schecter C-1, my third and favourite guitar. Originally it comes with active Duncan Design pickups, but mine is customed with EMGS 81 and 65 giving it more of a metal sound. The body is made out of mahogany, this for some reason has chipped really easily and it already has a big dent in the front. The neck/fingerboard are made out of maple and rosewood and it has 24 jumbo frets. It also has locking grover tuners. As I got this off ebay I also received a Schecter gig case, which was a nice touch!