C-1 review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1

Price paid: C$ 350

Purchased from: Encore

I did not know too much about guitars when I went to go buy one (I do now though). I was really into metal when I started playing. For metal, it suited very nicely. I was impressed. I am now into folk and classic rock (big change) and I am still impressed with it. It made that transition no problem. I use a keyboard amp actually, and it still sounds nice. I have played on a high-quality Fender (my friends, can't remember the model) and it sounded 10x nicer obviously, but still sounds good on any amp. It isn't noisy at all. It has a very full sound when on the neck position and a twangy when on the single bridge pickup, and a general sound on the 2 bridge pickups. Like I said before, this guitar has a tonnnn of variety and I would not hesitate to get another one.

I play anything from the occasional metal, to folk, to classic rock to modern rock. Works for everything. Probably be really good for country with its twangy sound, but I don't play country. I owned this guitar for 1 3/4 years. It's worn in a little better and has impressed me even more. If it were stolen or lost, I might try out another brand. Nothing against the Schecter, but I have only had one kind of guitar and would like to see how it compares. But, in the long run I would defnatly buy this guitar.

This guitar could stand Live playing no problem. I would feel confident at a show with it. The only part of this guitar that has gone bad is the screws on the pickup surrounding. They have gone very rusty. And the pickup surrounding has cracked in several places. Easy fix. Strap buttons are great. I would use it at a gig without a backup. Some people may need to file down the saddles because they can be sharp and break your strings, so be careful about that. I have scratched this guitar a little, nothing bad. Finish is solid.

Everything about this guitar was nice when bought. Action was good, didn't need any changing. I realized after a while I needed to adjust the action, but it last about 1 year before needing any mods about that. Pickups were good. I have kept them in the same position since I've had them, though I did fiddle with different heights. The only thing I don't like about this guitar, is the knobs. The tone and volume knob will not sound any different until turned quite far, almost to the end. So, the tone knob I don't use too much. I'm sure this is an easy fix, just haven't gotten around to it.

This is an excellent guitar. I bought it in Oct 2007 brand new. It was made somewhere in South Korea. It has 24 frets. Neck scale is 24 3/4". The body of the guitar is Mahogany while the neck is maple with a rosewood fingerboard. It has a beautiful sparkled silvertop (this guitar is hard to find on the internet. It is a string-thru body guitar. It has a 5-way switching system. 2 Duncan Designed humbuckers. Grover locking tuners. I was not given anything with the guitar.

Sudaka
    if anyone knows how much is this guitar in southamerica (even beter if in Argentina) i would like to know. i tested the demon (FR) and liked it a lot. is there any other schecter i should try in the demon's price range? by the way, i am the first!
    eastern_riffs
    @let_it_bleed (first reviewer) EMG 81 and 65? Doesn't it come with EMG 81 and 89?? There is no EMG 65 as far as I know. You sure you didn't get ripped off on ebay lol
    TheLetheProject
    @joshgiesbrecht: I'm pretty sure the scale for this C-1 is 25.5". The C-1+ is 24.75 scale. Although, it might have been different in 2007.