C-1 review by Schecter

• Reviewer's score: 4.2 Poor
Schecter: C-1

I play rock and heavy metal. I thought this guitar would suit this style... I didn't try it before I bought it, however I di try a different Schecter that the assistant said was very simular(although costing 700 punds more). I recieved it via post. I gave it an inspection before I played it. It DOD not come in tune, I spotted several dust flecks in the finish all minor not good. I turned the tone knob, whilst doing so pull the coil splitter. the ush\pull is extremely sensitive and not for someone like myself Who use the tone controlll alot. The pickups are ment to be akin to active. But they couldn't be more dissimilar they are dull dry un responsive, and the output is very low. I play through a Marshall jvm900 my pedals are a Boss slicer, a z vex house of rock, Ibanez phaser and a empress tap tremelo, and a custom made 18 band graphic equaliser.

I would rather of saved up a bit more and a bought a mocking bird ST(a much better guitar).I wouldn't reccomend it. There is nothing I like about except that it balences extremely well. I wish I hadn't spent the money. I don't mean to be really negative about it ( ido ) but I really was dissapointed. I shall never buy from Schecter again.

This would withstand gigging but why you'd want to I don't know. Strap buttons are soild. I will be selling this soon on bEay. You could depend on it but judging by my guitar I wouldn't want to. In fact I wouldn't gig with it because if tuning to a different note this needs to be repeated 3 times with 3 minute intervals

I am sorry I put that in the sound section. But overall I was not impressed. For the money I paided it was not good value, I would expect this for a 200 guitar. Also the fret were sharp so running your hand up the fret board is a painful one. The bridge was fine. To my knowledge there was nothing wonga with the nut.

It has a 25.5" solid mahogany body and a maple neck with a 24 fret rosewood fret board. " Schecter alinico plus pickups at bridge and neck. Two volumes one tone and a 3-way pickup selecter. The tone control has a push\pull coil spliter. It is a distressed bronze hardware and a apocalypse graphic.

themelodicdeathshow
    eastern_riffs wrote: @let_it_bleed (first reviewer) EMG 81 and 65? Doesn't it come with EMG 81 and 89?? There is no EMG 65 as far as I know. The C-1 comes stock with active duncan design pickups based on blackouts! You sure you didn't get ripped off on ebay lol
    puremetal11
    Foxlove224 ur a ****ing pussy i have a C-1 and it's a great guitar. I've bumped it around a little and there's not a scratch on it dumbshit. The fretboard doesn't hurt my hand either.