C-1 review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1

I play Metal, Hard Rock, Classic Rock, as well as I've started picking up some Blues; it actually has a very nice distorted tone and if you tap the pickups, the clean tone is nice too, however, I don't think the pickups have a very wide tonal spectrum, also it's very hard for these pickups to articulate pinch harmonics well. I play it through a Line-6 Spider IV 30 watt, which is a very nice amp for it's price. When I play live, I use an MXR Dime Distortion, which gives the distorted tone a real punch, however on bigger amps, the pickups don't seem to preform well and have volume problems.

This is my first guitar, and I've owned for about a year now, I'm planning on getting a nicer one, but the aesthetics of this guitar are spot on and it's a beautiful instrument, it has it's flaws, but you learn to live with them. It'll serve me well for the years to come, but definitely won't remain my first choice guitar. The coil tap is very nice and gives you much more tonal range. I think I might change the pickups one day, but for now, I'm saving up for a new guitar.

This guitar is very rugged and I don't have problems when it falls or I bump it. The knobs are sturdy and everything is put on well. The strap buttons are solid and I use it without a backup for live playing. The finish is very good and doesn't fade the slightest. Again however, the pickups can malfunction and be quite annoying.

From the factory, the action was quite nice, but I ended up lowering it a bit and raising the pickups closer to the strings. The Bridge is VERY nice, I love it, great tone, easy string changes, easy to adjust intonation. When I bought the guitar, it already had a few damages, which blame more on guitar center than the factory; also sometimes when you Switch from the neck to the Bridge pickup, the pickup won't work and it needs to warm up or something, very odd. The tuners are quite nice, but don't stay in tune well when you put it in a case, but playing wise, they stay in tune nicely.

- Made in Korea - 24 jumbo frets, 25,5 scale - Solid Mahogany, Flamed Maple Top, Sunburst finish. - Set Neck - Tune-O-Matic bridge, string-thru body - Duncan Designed HB-102b (bridge pickup), HB101n (neck pickup), H-H passive. - Neck Volume, Bridge Volume, Master Tone (coil tap), 3 way selector. - Grover rotomatic tuners The features aren't bad, but I'm not completely happy with everything, for one, I don't really prefer the pickups and have a quite a few problems with them. Also it didn't include a case.

ric9931
    There's no Seymour Duncan Designed. There is Seymour Duncan and there is their cheap-copy maker company, Duncan Designed.
    RaisingCain199
    If your hand is getting hurt on the fret board, than either file down the frets like a normal f***** person, or build up callus, i mean jack off or something, that's a stupid complaint to have.
    dpinsonai
    It really helps to learn some basic thing about your instrument before you attempt to review it. I've read some hilarious reviews from people who just got their first guitar straight out the box and proceed to critique it as if they actually know something. Seen some even more hilarious YouTube videos. People have no fear of embarrassing themselves I guess...