C-1 30th Anniversary review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 30th Anniversary

Purchased from: Steve's Music

I have a Epiphone Les Paul Custom with Alnico classics, A Fender Showmaster with Duncan single pups and out on loan a Gibson Hawk with hum pickups (I haven't seen it in a while, but it is in the family). This 30th Ann. C1 is run through a Marshall Guv'nor Guyatone ST2 and DigiTech RP200A and then finally a Line 6 Spider 112. The sound clean is as clean as whirling your finger around a crystal wine glass. Distorted, well with those pedals I can find anything I need, and it picks up very well. This was very well above my expectations, if I could I would give an 11.

My stlye of music ranges from the oldies to the newer stuff hence the reason I have more guitars then I need. I have been playing off and on for 15 years. It is somewhat weird, I did buy this online and thought it was glossy, sold black but then I saw another one that was see thru transparent and wish I would of gotten that one. Well I actually did. The only C1 30th Anniversary guitars listed on the Scehcter Website show a gloss black, but code as STBLK, which is see thru. I will be talking with them to see if they even have a sold black or if they just make the STBLK. I really like that fact that this is an anniversary edition, which only 300 will be made, and down the road it would be a great nostalgic item from a company that will still be around. They provide great quality guitars, with attention to detail and, most importantly, price. This is comparable to any american made guitar. The only downside I see is the case it is cheap feeling and looking but hopefully it will do its job.

I don't play, and have never played live in front of a group. Could it withstand it, I am sure it could but I would definetly check into the toggle Switch and have a backup just in case, probably wouldn't need it though. From first appearances the gold hardward looks like it will last, just take care of it, and the finish appears pretty solid.

As I said the guitar was put together well, a tad on the heavy side which suprised me. One pinhead size blemish on the backside and what looks like a cheap toggle switch. The action was a little high for me, but Who can get that right from the factory when everyone likes something different. I will say even with it a tad high, it was still comfortable to play. The top is gorgeous, with a matching headstock. The gold really stands out and the engraving on the pickup covers is perfectly detailed.

Korean made in 2006, and IMO absolutely equivalent to any American made guitar these days. I have no comparison to a regular C1, although the details in this are almost perfect. I noticed a finish blemish about the size of a pinhead on the back. Came set up very well from the factory, although the action was just a tad high for me. The flame top and gold hardware are a good match, Sperzel Tuners, Duncan Humbucker pickups with available push/pull split. 3-way selector switch seems a little cheap, we'll see how long it will last, and after speaking with Schecter Guitar Research, an absolute keeper as they are only making 300 C1 30th's (150 of each of the other ones).

atticus_08
    I played the regular C1 and liked it a lot, I've been looking into one of these and this one might be it!!!
    redSG
    this guitar is so effing sexy... i wanna play it RIGHT NOW.
    x_rox
    ooh, looks shiney but you really don't like that switch do you?
    TimmyPage06
    He has all of that gear.. and expensive guitars.. and hes still running it through a Line 6 Spider..
    Mahoru
    AWESOME looking guitar, and also great sounding and playing!!!