C-1 Blackjack review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 Blackjack

Purchased from: Sunlite Music

I play rock and some blues music, not metal. I play Nickelback, Creed, Alter Bridge, things like that. Every now and then I try some Rhoads. This guitar fits everything I do and I play! I'm using a Line 6 Spider 2 30 watt amp, with the effects that come on the amp. It has a rich and full sound, an amazing clean and it can become bright with the 5-way and the tone knob.

This guitar is the best match for me, and being that I've only been playing about a year, it couldn't be better for me! I own a Lotus Les Paul Copy and a Fender Frontman 15w, and the Line 6 and the Schecter are my favorites now! The only thing I had wished I had asked was how long before the strings need changed? Really, it comes with stretch strings, almost tuned up, it's great. Lost or stolen, I would by another one, if not the more expensive Schecter C 1 guitars! I have compared it to a Les Paul, a PRS, an Ibanez and it beats them out for how I play and what I play! I chose this one cause it was cheap and it played good! The only thing I wish it had was. It has everything!

This guitar would be able to do live performances, easy! The hardware is like a rock, haven't had a problem yet. The strap buttons are bigger than usual, which makes it really good. I can depends on it, and the only guitar I would use for a backup would be another Schecter C 1 of any kind, just incase a string breaks! The finish is good enough to last!

The action was nice when I got it, but it could be lowered just a little. The pickups were set up perfectly! Everything was just right when I got it, I loved it! The only thing I don't like is the gloss black finish, gets oil and fingerprints easy!

This guitar is a late 2004, Korean made (although assembled in the US) Schecter C-1 Blackack. It features a stunning 24 X-jumbo fretted rosewood neck with dark perloid inlays, standard moon. With a carved mahogony top and magohony body, the set-neck gives loads of sustain! It has the basic Schecter C 1 body style, which looks a lot like a Strat. It offeres smoked crome Tune-O-Matic bridge with string-through, smoked crome, non-locking grover tuners, smoked crome vol/tone nobs and passive Duncan JB/'59 set up, the 5-way Switch gives it a nice rounded range of sounds that can put a Strat to shame. I got a gig bag with mine, although I had talked the guy into it.