C-1 Blackjack review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 Blackjack

I play alot of diffrent styles of music from classical to death metal (my favorites being metal and hardcore). This axe slaughters any style I play, it's amazing. I have a Fender amp wich I use with a Metal Zone Boss pedal, it sounds great. The sounds it makes are rich and full wich makes this guitar also great for clean playing. The only thing bad about this guitar is that when you turn the volume knob on the guitar up high it starts to make some noise. If you buy this guitar I recomend using a somewhat heavier guage (I use Ernie Ball Slinky top heavy bottom strings).

This a awsome guitar for the types of music I play, so if you like metal, hardcore, or punk this guitar is a must. I have been playing for 2 years I have a Fender Strat, this Schecter, an acoustic Epiphone, and an acoustic Fender. When buying a guitar just remeber Fender and Gibson are not the best guitars, Gibson could take sticks glue them to gether put rubber bands on it slap on a Gibson sticker on it sell it for $900 bucks and people whould buy it (not saying the Gibson isn't a good company). If it got lost or stolen I would sit and cry, then save up money and buy another one. I compared the this guitar to a Gibson SG Gothic before buying this guitar but this guitar just heaved ass. If only it had a whammy bar anyway awesome guitar totally awsome price and well worth your hard earned cash!

First, this guitar would definatly withstand live playing, I don't think you would need a back up guitar (but I always have a back up guitar). The hard wear is very trust worthy and I can almost garenty it won't let you down. I love the stap bottons on this guitar, compared to my Strat, these thing hardly ever get loose, there awesome. As I said earlier the finish is awsome and wont wear off.

The action on this guitar wasn't perfect when I got it and there was some buss. This wasn't a big problem the thruss rod just needed a little tweek and it was fine. The neck pickup was a teeny weeny bit high, agian no problem. The finish is beautiful except for the part that it is so glossy you will keep geting finger prints on it.

- Made in Korea - 24 jumbo frets - Mahogany body w/rosewood neck - Gloss finish - Passive pickups - Volume, tone, 5-way selector, coil tap - Two Seymore Duncan humbucker pickups - Grover tuners. This guitar comes with awsome pickups (normaly they would cost $70 each). And the 5 way selector is amazing, it's coil taping is sweet. There is no sound I can't get with this guitar.