C-1 Blackjack review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 Blackjack

I listen to a lot of metal/nu-metal/hard rock. Suits my styles very well, much better sound than other models I tried out. With disortion, it is excellent. The bridge humbucker (JB), can get some heavy distortion to warm distortion depending on the amp. Right now I'm using a Crate XT120R combo amp, this guitar gets excellent cleans, and great disortion. I've tried out different tunings and you can get that crunchy Korn tone. Great sound, although some feedback problems and weird noises but that's probably the amp.

I play metal, rock, little nu-metal and punk. It definitely fits all these genres. Using the pickup selector and adjusting the amp, you can get any desired tone. I might eventually swap out the pups down the road for EMG's depending on if I need a louder, less trebly tone. However, if this was lost/stolen, I'd def. go out and buy another one. I love the look and fast neck of the guitar and I think it's one of the best for its price range. It would be a killer if it had a Tremolo bar to pull of some Vai and Pantera, but other than that, it's a fantastic buy.

I believe this guitar would play great live and would be easy to play anywhere. The hardware seems sturdy, the strap pins have yet to fail, pickups and pickup selector, and all knobs are still in perfect working condition. The finish is beautiful although it shows smudges and fingerprints like crazy.

The action was nice and low when I got it. Excellent beautiful Shine with the glossy black finish. The bridge and strings were fine, pickups were perfect. No flaws at all.

trueblue450
    Aziraphale
    trueblue450 wrote: i hear that schecters fall apart as soon as you walk out the door RockMusicFan. thats how they make em in korea.. dip
    Pfft. I don't know what experience you have with korean Schecters, but if you've played a bad one at this price (which I doubt) then you were just unlucky. I have a C-7 Blackjack that sounds and plays just as good as my PRS Custom, and it shits on every Gibson I've tried. The attention to detail on these is amazing. @bob-da-brownkid: Absolutely. I have an Ibanez RG with an Air Norton in it (like Petrucci), and I'd definately say this sounds better and plays just as good as the RG. The frets are amazing! You should definately try one out, or if you want a floating tremolo, try the C-1 Hellraiser.
    numbfinger
    i can go down to A on mine..but why? i love this guitar..had mine for like 2 years..and the only thing wrong is a dint in the finish that was totally not the guitars fualt
    Artorious
    Everything about this Guitar is awsome. Especially for the price. I payed $820.00 for mine full pop in 04. The Sustain on this guitar is amazing you can bang the neck it wont go out of tune. Every time I goto GC I sit down for about 20 minutes and play a different guitar and frankly My Blackjack just shits on everything else. Especially other guitars in the same price range. I just put sum EMG'z in my Blackjack and I mostly play Thrash,Death Metal and sum punk rock and the sound is just amazazazing lol
    josh36cf
    Hey guys... I can tell you as a SCHECTER user... that i have never been happier with a guitar brand overall... they sound good, play good, and as for falling apart... jesus, anyone who told you that must have never used one before... ive been using 2 c-1 elites for 18months now, and i have thrown them, dropped them, walked on them, jumped on them... you name is i've given it to them live... and they strong!!! anyone who finds their gear falls apart, must be a clueless fk, that has never worked out how to use a srew-driver... tighten everything up before every live gig people... regardless of brand, ive found this helps... SCHECTERS are great guitars, and in Australia, the only decent all round guitar, that actually provides value for money... josh
    josh36cf
    As for my HP laptops keyboard, its not so great ha... Forgot to mention, Schecters internate much, much better in the studio than any similar priced guitar... And if anyone ever tries to tell you, that an IBANEZ SZ 520qfm is a better alternative, is wrong... i've owned 2
    GunLeatherGuy
    What a bunch of butt munches! Schecters are every bit as nice as Jacksons/Deans/Ibanezs etc....just a very nice guitar. Ive got a C1 artist...same as the Black Jack...but different inlays on the board and Ill put it up against anything out there. The set neck/pickups/binding etc all make it a world class guitar. All you posers can bite me!!!!! yes/trueblue/rock I mean U! Get a life....or better yet, get a Schecter!
    Rebotco
    I bought my Schecter C-1 Blackjack from Guitar Center as a show room model for I think 320$ (first guitar, I had no idea what I was doing) I was pretty nervous that it would be shipped to me and turn out to be crap but I was really surprised, there were a few little tiny scratches and that was it. It's been about a year since then and I would not trade my schecter for anything. I play alot of clean stuff in my band but we also occasionally play metal, it's great for both. I have not had any probelms at all, I highly recomend this guitar.