C-1 Blackjack review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 Blackjack

Purchased from: Wood Bros Music

I play alot of thrash type stuff as wekll as most metal but I also like to play alot of blues and funk and mix it up and the guitar handles it with style, the pickup selctor when switching I find I like the JB's treble alopt more and the 59" is good for a more bluesy tone, the 5-way I generally have set to 4 (one from the bottom) and I enjoy it because it gives me a nice crunchy twang but you can get a nice sound on it and I've switched from playing leslie west stuff do doing devildriver and avenged sevenfold anf megadeth easy.

It matches me and plays like a dream, without getting too technical with this review I can say that if your into a nice guitar at this price range you cant go wrong with a shcecter, they may just be my new favorite company, I think this guitar will instill loyalty in me to them, I reccomend it highly for and heavy metallers out there or anyone looking for a quality rock machine.

So far I havent gigged with it but I'm sure I will, so far I've had no issues with anything on the guitar, I would never gig without a backup, but with this guitar I know I dont have to worry about anything going wrong unless its like freak accidents, which is why I always have a backup, other than the one small finish nick theres really nothing wrong with the guitar at all, I am very pleased to say that I do beleive it will stand the test of time.

Well its slighlty used but almost like new, it hasnt sustained too much damage and still looks like new so its impossible for me to tell exactly how the long the other person had it, theres one small crakc in the finish near the toppickup but its hardly even noticeable and gives the guitar character I think, the pickups are adjusted and coiled quite well actually and I didnt even have to adjust them at all, Schecter did a fine job.

Standard C-1 cept for the Blackjack series has indian rosewood necks I beleive, or at least this one does, it has a string thru body bridge and has 3 contreols one 5 way and a valume and pickup selector, both pickups are custom seymour duncans (a 59" and a JB) and grover tuners.