C-1 Blackjack ATX FR review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 Blackjack ATX FR

Price paid: C$ 1100

Purchased from: B Sharp Music

This thing suits my style perfect. I play metal, plane and simple. I'm not gonna go on about sub genres. I run a Randall RG100G3 212 tube combo. For me, it sounds amazing. The blackouts really changed my mind about EMG. The Blackouts give me more of a deeper tone, better sustain, and overall I'm happier with how they sound when compared to the EMG 85/81 combo in my Epi. This is my first Floyd Rose guitar, so of course the first thing I did with it is do a dive! Having said that, active pickups all bring that extra noise with them. For me though, that is a very small issue, that's why guitars have toggle switches in my opinion. I don't run any pedals at all, so I just go for the straight up crushing tone because well, that's what I like.

Overall, this guitar is damn near perfect for me. I absolutely love everything about it, the Floyd Rose bridge, the active pickups, the fretboard and also the stings! I love D'Addario strings. I've been playing for almost 5 years now, and I bought this just to reward myself really. I love heavy music and this guitar personifies that perfectly. My only dislike about it is the neck. Before I decided on this one I was looking at the Schecter V-1, as well as the LTD Alexi - 600 Scythe. I thought about it more though, and decided against them. I love how a V looks, but they're just too uncomfortable for me to play while standing up.

This is a very solid guitar, I don't play gigs, I don't know if I ever will. The hardware is of very good quality. So I can say as of right now, this guitar will last me a very long time.

This guitar was set up specifically for me. I couldn't have asked for it do be done any better either! Perfect height for my playing preferences. I also, wouldn't know any different because it was ordered for me through the 2011 catalog. So, if there were any flaws they would have been fixed. There were a couple very tiny nicks along the neck. I'm not gonna complain about that because I forget exactly where they are. The gloss finishing is very nice on this guitar, I got it in Aged White. When I started my search for a new guitar, I specifically wanted one with a Ebony fretboard. I just love how it looks, it's a very nice touch to a guitar if you ask me.

My C-1 is a brand new 2011 model. Made in S. Korea. - 24 XJ Frets (no markings. Just "active" symbol covering the 12th fret. - Grover Tuners - Original Floyd Rose - Ultra - Access cutaway - Seymour Duncan "Blackout" active pickups - Black chrome hardware When I bought this I definitely went with Schaller strap locks. So much better than Ernie Ball in my opinion. As well as had them set it up in Drop C tuning, with D'Addario EXL 145 strings. Unfortunately I didn't try this before I bought it. The neck is fatter than I was expecting, therefore it plays only slightly faster than my Epi Les Paul goth. I'm still extremely happy with each feature on this guitar. Great guitar, for a sweet price.