C-1 Blackjack ATX FR review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 Blackjack ATX FR

Purchased from: Strings Music Store (Local)

The Blackouts capture a phenominal sound for cleans and distortion. The notes are so much fuller and really capture the character of the wood which you don't always get with actives. This guitar is aimed more towards hard rock and metal, but with enough tweaking, it can pull of some convincing funk tones. There is next to no noise that I have found.

To be fair, I was in love with this guitar before I had it, and I must say it's lived up to expectations. After playing a crappy Bronze Series B.C. Rich for over 4 years, this guitar is a breath of fresh air. And seeing as my playing style isn't as heavy as it was, it is a fitting image change. The only thing I hate about this guitar is that it makes me want a better amp so I can hear all the richness at home as well as on the Blackstar's at uni. I would HIGHLY reccomend this guitar to anyone playing alternate rock or heavier.

This guitar is very solid, it hasn't recieved any bumps yet, but it seems like it could take a hammer. The black chrome hardware is amazing, the knobs are quite stiff compared to my old guitar so they'll stay where they are. The finish is great, foolishly I played with a studded belt, so it has recieved a few scratches on the back, but it's just made nice shiny lines on the back and not cut down to the wood.

The guitar was set up perfectly at the factory, it also arrived at the store in tune, which was nice. The finish was perfect, intonation was perfect, the tune-o-matic bridge was set nice and low... there really isn't anything wrong with it at all. The 3-way pickup selector is seemless and gives a great versitility to the sound.

For some reason only the floyd rose version is on here, the one I bought didn't have a floyd rose. The Blackjack ATX is a mahogany-bodied rosewood-necked monster. The finish I chose was the Walnut Satin finish, although it also comes in aged white and black satin. This guitar comes with Seymour Duncan Active Pickups AHB-1 in the neck and bridge position. It has a string-thru body which is nice to look at, but a little awkward to re-string. Also this guitar comes with Schecter locking tuners, very nice seeing as I've not had that luxury before. The only slight problem that I found yesturday was that the bridge volume knob is quite close to the pickup, so it can accidently be turned down if you anchor by the pickup like me.

Jecux
    Why everyone complains about that inlay? It looks much better than the everyday dots or crowns. I would take those card inlays too. But maybe someday I buy this to my second guitar and tune it to D, because it looks damn great
    nlaplante
    Been having this guitar for 3 years now. It's by far the best guitar I've ever owned. I also have an Ibanez Prestige S2170FW (which is very different) but I prefer the Schecter for the overall feel and the tone is stellar. I like the overlay; looks different. I like to be different. And those pups absolutely scream. Don't mind the Schecter haters. Go for what you're most comfortable with and be proud to NOT be part of those people who need a 3K$ guitar to play right.
    Lifesbreath
    Hello all I/ve had this guitar for 6 months now and it has proven itself as a great guitar should great sound love the pick-ups I got it off off Kijiji for 400cn what a steal....ROCK ON.