C-1 Classic review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 Classic

Purchased from: Tara Music Store, Jonesboro, GA

Suits my style beautifully. I play rythym, and I get a good solid tone from the c-1 classic, in addition to all the pitch and tonality I could ever want. I use it with a digitech pedal, with which it performs majestically, and i also have a Boss D-1 distortion pedal, with which the c-1 classic seems to be made for. I play on mostly Fender amps, for which the C-1 classics provides solid low end and a good, clean tone with good crunch.

Can be a bit noisy set on the Bridge position, but only with Fender amps. Other than that, no feedback, and balanced tone.

Can cover pretty much any pitch. The neck sets off throaty howls, that are smooth and warm, while the bridge lets the light, fierce clean bite creep in.

There is even a coil splitting function built into the Switch.

I found this guitar to be extremely capable at producing incredible sounds.

I've been playing for 7 years now, and I own an ESP LTD M-100 and an Ibanez PF series dreadnought accoustic. I own a crappy Fender Frontman25R amp, and a bigger Fender 45Watt amp that i found at a yard sale. I also have a DS-1 Distortion pedal from Boss, and use a digitech Pedal and a pandora px3 for effects.

When I first saw this guitar, I knew it was for me. Everything spokje to me. From the humbuckers (two of the most popular ever) to the stylish vine of life, I knew I had to have it.

If it were stolen, i'd buy another one. Period.

I love: Humbuckers, neck thru body, finish, 5 way Switch, action, tuners (very consistent guitar to tune) TonePro bridge, Scale lenght, and # of frets.

I don't hate anything about this guitar. I've tried and tires to find somehting I hate. I can't. It's that good of a guitar. Maybe the fact that it doesnt have a flat radius like my M-100. But even I adjusted to that. I love this guitar, and would not trade it for anything.

I compared it to other schecters, and to similarily priced PRS guitars. Also to other ESP guitars around this price range. I chose this one because of the style, and the dual kickass humbuckers. Also, I love the way Schecter guitars play, and this one was no exception. I knew that schecetr had a reputation for quality, and now i see it for myself.

I wish it had active pickups, but that is a nitpick. I love this giutar, passive or not.

For the price, this one is definitely worth it. It's stylish, and it rocks in terms of technical capabilities. What a guiitar!

YES. This guitar can take a pounding. You couldnt wear the finish away except by maybe Battery Acid. Probably not even then. The craftsmanship is durable, thick, and lasting. I have and will continue to use this on gigs without a back up. A tough, dependable guitar.

Set up was beautiful. After I changed the strings it came with (it was a show model), I foudn the action to be smooth as butter. The guitar plays as well as any other Schecter, like a dream. Craftsmanship is top notch. Bridge and Quilted top both flawless. There are no problems with any pickups, wiring, of external hardware.

Schecter's reputation for providing outstanding equipment continues.

year: 2003, American
24 frets/ 25.5" scale
Tone Switch, Volume Switch, 5 way selector
Seymour Duncan JB humbucker in bridge position, Seymour Duncan '59 humbucker in the neck position, both passive.
Maple Neck, Rosewood Fretboard/fingerboard, Mahogany body
Quilted Maple Top, Amber finish
TonePro Locking Bridge
Grover Tuners
25 1/2" scale, Vine-of-life-inlay on neck, 24 jumbo frets (due to the long scale) also, neck thru body construction
Came with hardshell case (around $60)