C-1 Classic review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 Classic

The original pickups sounded great roaring through my Marshall plexi. Sounded the best in neck in clean with just a touch of gain for that nice bluesy typea vibe. The EMG's are fucking monsters on this guitar now, add the active pickups in with the neck thru, and it sustains beautifully. I mainly play this guitar through either a Marshall plexi and Peavey triple x heads through Marshall cabs. as far as fx, im running a tc electronics g major, two wahs morely vai horsie II wah- Dunlop cry baby from hell. Boss ns2, SD1, eq7. thats about it. Sounds fuckin rad.

I play mainly melodic metal, thrash and hard rock, but I venture off into jazz, blues, punk, ska, classical and a little bit of southern rock.

This guitar is lighter than a paul which is great for my shoulders. I put some strap locks on it and really have never had any problems out of it. I dont gig without a backup, my backup is a Les Paul Standard but thanks to this Schecter it doesnt really come out of the case much.

Im not sure about the factory set up, the way I got it sucked ass. I had to restring it with some bigger strings, homedude was playing with super light 8-38's and that just dont cut it. Other than that the other mods to it are I changed the 5 way pick up selector to a 3 way and added one more knob to make it Gibson style. By the way this is original model C1 Classic, they quit making them with 3 knobs, now its straight up volume and tone. Buy this guitar you wont regret it.

24 Fret Neckthru, Duncan 59+JB Covered buckers, bought used from friend. Stays in tune very well. Nice paint job on this thing, and the inlays are to die for. I think they sell it at musiciansfriend for about 650 which is still a hell of a deal. I switched out the duncans for emg 60+81's.