C-1 Classic review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 Classic

I play lots of blues, rock, jazz, and neoclassical Malmsteen stuff and this bad-boy nails 'em all. It uses single coil pups in position 2 and 4 which allows a jazzy clean piercing tone, and if you play it clean with the humbucker activated, you get a powerful and bluesy clean tone. With distortion, this guitar is insanely awesome and great fun to play. The pickups kick ass. Pinch harmonics ring out easy, loud, and clear. The legato you can do is always loud and smooth. It's kinda like playing with a compressor built it. This guitar is truly unmatched in the sound department. It's got it all.

I play all blues, jazz, rock, metal, and neoclassical music, and there is nothing this guitar can't do. I have been playing for 4 years, and know alot about guitar and music in general, and there is no other guitar I would trade for this bad-boy (except maybe a Parker MojoFly, or a Carvin California Carved top). It is the best guitar ever to be in this price range. If this guitar was a chick, it would be a pretty, and strong. If it was lost or stolen, and there was no possible way to get it back, I would be broke, but If money wasn't a problem, I'd definately buy another. My favorite feature is probably the vines of life inlay, or the thru neck. I was sure I wanted it right when I walked in the store, so I have nothing to complain about. As I said, this baby is an all around beast.

The main thing that stood out to me was the thru neck. I like my guitars solid, and this really looked like it was strong. The guitar is all made out of one piece of wood which adds alot to its durability. The metal knobs, as I said, are very solid also. The strap buttons are big and round. What could possibly go wrong? The only problem I had thus far was if you strike the low string really hard next to the bridge, The string slides off the bridge. It's hard to describe, but look at the bridge and you will see that the string is held on pretty precariously. Other than that this guitar is wonderful in all aspects.

This guitar model is crafted in South Korea, and then the good people in America check it over once it gets shipped here. Theres a sticker on the back with somebodys initials which gives you comfort and peace of mind. Pretty much everything is set up perfect at the factory. The inlay is incredibly beautiful fun to show off. I really like the metal knobs. They match beautifully with the blue top.

Made in South Korea, and checked at the factory in America. 24 Jumbo frets, rosewood finger board with "vine of life" inlay. Flame maple top, mahogany back, Tone-Pro bridge, thru neck (awesome) passive Seymour Duncan pickups, 5-way selector, 1 volume, 1 tone, and comes with a weak little cable.