C-1 Classic review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 Classic

Purchased from: Guitar Center, Lake Forest, CA

Suits my music beautifully, which is heavily blues based rock, also some metal, not too heavy, and the whole Vai, Malmsteen, Satch emulation. Need better amp! Not noisy on hum selector. The 5-way switch means you can go (from 1st pos. to 5th) H/S/H/S/H. Very versatile sound. You can go from clean Strat blues, to some really heavy stuff. You're perfectly equipped with everything you need on this guitar, except a trem, but divebombs get old+gay soon anyway. Sorry Eddie.

This guitar is a good match whether you play folk, or death metal. I've been playing 3 years, have a crybaby, I need a new amp, and the essentials. If it were stolen (I'd never lose my baby), I would get a new one of course. Schecter is so helpful, they'd probably send you a new one. And, of course I'd take an ice pick to the theifs head. I love everything about it, I hate nothing about it. My favorite feature is the overall construction. Everything is sturdy and awesome. I compared it to random Ibanez, and Jacksons, but they whimpered in unworthyness when compared to my Schek. I wish it had, um, maybe coil taps. But hey, you get better pickups with the Classic. I love this guitar.

The thru-neck will withstand a war. The hardware is very sturdy. I did have a strap button issue (see action fit and finish) but Schecter sent me a new one. It seems very stable with the decently wide neck, no wizard crap for me. I wouldn't exactly call this guitar a "workhorse" guitar. It's too pretty. It would much rather be left in a case or put on a stand, or be played in a cozy room. I wouldn't do anything too "extreme" with it. Don't get me wrong, gigging is fine, all the time.

Set up perfectly. Couldn't ask for better. When I first got this guitar, after a few months of play, my strap button got loose, and stripped, so Schecter sent me a new one! It's good to know Schecter backs their products. Flaws? Hell no.

kerryking112
    I love this guitar...even though it has intonation problems from time to time. I guess that's what I get for playing it in low tunings with .09's. The fretwork also isn't perfect. But the action is great...and it's hard for me to play anything else. Gibson, Fender, ESP and Jackson can all take a page out of Schecter's book. I really wish they made this same design of guitar with the Floyd Rose though.