C-1 Classic review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 Classic

What kind of style do you want to play? Doesn't matter, this guitar can play it. The 5-way selector has 2 coil-split positions, which do a real good job emulating single-coil pups. Distorted, the coil split positions sound almost perfect, but clean they have a few issues. Mainly, the sound is decreased and the guitar sounds almost acoustic. I say this is an issue, because I personally think this is a very good thing. With my old guitar, I'd always have to turn the volume down when I'd go from playing a clean lead line to playing chords, but with this guitar you can just Switch positions and strum as hard as you want. The volume knob is pretty much "off" and "on," so it's hard to do volume swells and stuff like that. Might be a concern for some people. I play through a Crate FXT120, and it's just incredible the range of sounds I can produce with this guitar. What about the sustain? "you could go and have a bite and you'd still be hearin that one."

I play alternative/rock/grunge/metal and various other things in between, and this guitar works for just about everything. It was between this Schecter C-1 classic ($700), an Ibanez RG1570 ($750), an Epiphone Les Paul ($500), a Schecter Blackjack ($550), and some faded Gibson SG ($850). The Ibanez didn't really fit my style that well, and the other guitars were completely out of the Epiphone's league. The C-1 classic has everything the blackjack has and more, so it was basically between this guitar and the SG. I went with this Schecter, thinking in the future that I would pick up an actual SG. I probably will still do that, but that'll be way, way down the line. This guitar will easily satisfy my wants for a long time. I have one complaint. I wish I would have bought this guitar after I had bought a bunch of other guitars, so I could build to my collection. Now, if I buy a new guitar, I know it isn't going to be near as good as this Schecter, so there's no motivation to spend bunches of money. Weird complaint, I know. Next time you're at a music store, give this guitar a try! You will not be disappointed.

I'm not really a gigging musician yet, but I would play this guitar without backup if I were. Just jamming with people, I havent had any problems with this Schecter. My top strap peg keeps coming unscrewed, so I just have to screw it back in tightly to stop that from happening. Other than that, the hardware on this thing is solid. I've banged the headstock on my desk too many times to count, but you wouldn't know it by looking at it. Not a scratch anywhere. This is gonna be a guitar my future grandson will be playing.

When I first got this guitar, I thought the action was a little too high, but I've definitely gotten used to it. There is a tad bit of fret buzz here and there, but it certainly isn't anything that bothers me a bunch. This is a beautiful guitar. Mine came with the gold hardware, which is starting to fade because I haven't been taking care of it, but oh well. If you get the amber or the sunburst one, the gold finish will most likely fade after awhile. You're gonna want to buy a cloth to keep this baby sparkling.

Got this guitar 6 months ago as a christmas present for myself. The specs are listed on any website that has this guitar, so I wont go into detail about it. I got the Vintage sunburst finish, and there actually weren't any C-1's with that finish anywhere in texas at the time, so I had to get it shipped from arizona. Bought a decent hard case which has protected it very well. You will want to buy a hard case for this guitar.

schecterguy
    Well I don't own a classic, but I went to a local guitar center and played one and didn't want to leave. Going from my 006 deluxe to the classic made me wanna leave with it. I love the really crunchy tone this guitar has. I wanna buy the JB SH-4 and SH2n pickups for my guitar but they would've look good on it unless they came in something other than the nickel plated. Would u guys recomend EMG's over them?
    SchecterFreak
    i own a blue transparent satin finished schecter classic c-1. i have played many styles of guitars and many brands but i haven't found any that come close to the sound that i can krank out of it with my krank revolution head and marshal half stack!!!!! overall this is the BEST guitar that i have ever played.