C-1 Classic review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 Classic

Purchased from: Deluxe Music

My style, everything. When I bought it I was looking for something little heavier but that could still handle cleans and it sure does. It was a perfect match for me. I have been playing it thru a Spider II and a Peavey Classic 30 but also a lot of other amps including marshalls and sutch. It sounds great with all with any style and don't give me any fuzz or anything so far and I have owned it for about 6 months now. The only thing negative about it sound wise would be the controls, the volume dosn't fade in nicely like on a Stratocaster, it's almost full as you turn it and the tone make it all bassy at 0 and when you turn it up it is basicly the same.

As I said, this is perfect if you like to play everything from just some basic clean chords or wanna drop it a whole step and play some heavy metal riffs. That would be the limit, then the strings start to buzz. I have played more seriusly with electric guitar for 3 years now and think I have a good ear for tone. I own a Fender Mustang other than this guitar and noting really special. Soon a Fender Blues Junior or HotRod to take the place at my side as my amp. This is for sure something I would buy again if I were looking for a humbucker guitar as I was 6 months ago. I also looked in to some Ibanez guitars but they all seem to metalish and sound the same and I really don't like the feel of them, this one on the other hand is nice and comfortable. Don't know anything that could compare to it. Only thing that could be better are the controls as I said, would give me a little more options to my sound.

I've had some gigs with it and nothing as ever gone wrong with it and I trust it to stay that way. The only thing that seems to happend from time to time is some weak fretbuzz on the low E and A string but that is something I have only noticed when playing it acoustic, never live.

Perfect! My ex feelt and sounded good from the moment I tried it in the store. Perfect action, not to low, not to high. Same goes for the pickups. I couldn't see any flaws at all on the finish and tuners turned nicely and keept it in tune. The feeling of playing on it could be described as flowing. It feels great and basicly anything is easier to play for me know from my Mustang. A big change there!

This guitar was made -05 in Korea. It's built from one solid piece mahogany with a 24 jumbo fret rosewood neck with really nice "vine" inlays very similiar to Steve Vai's JEM model. I have the Antique amber color which may seems to be darkred on many pictures but in real life it looks more golden brown with it's sweet quilted maple top. It got two Seymour Duncan humbucker pickups, SH-4 in the bridge and SH-2n in the neck, both with gold covers just like the rest of the hardware. The bridge is a TonePros TOM with string thru-body. You have basic controls, volume, tone and a 5 way pickup selector. It's real eyecandy!

fendermexi
    This guitar totally kicked. I was really looking forward to playing it and it delivered far more than i expected. Can't wait to get $700...
    Rock Boy
    I'm getting one soon I think! It's awesome that a guitar with neck-thru, Seymour Duncan pickups, quilted maple top, cool inlay and a great neck can cost under 1000 dollars!
    qreepii
    I have the trans blue ordered, UPS is picking it up from musicians friend as I write this. I've been flipping through the musician's friend catalog to the schecter page month after month after year, four years now since I saw a guy playing this onstage and that's when the craving started....Sadly I'm in the last month of this deployment so it'll sit in the garage next to all my other guitars as long as the wife doesn't decide to put her bass down and start playing my toy.....