C-1 Classic review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 Classic

Now for the real review. What really matters is the sound. this is a toatal annialation of any other guitar in its price range usally between 6 and 8 hundred. I have Epiphones I have Jackson's and have played B.C. Rich, Peavey. you name it I have had my grubby little hands on it. and this by far blew me away. I play Blues with my dad real muddy waters kind of stuff. this was right there wtih the mids and quick note changes. Every night I would break out the les paul for my sons lullaby but now I Switch to the neck single (you can choose to use single or humbucking) and get great soft tone that just rings even with no effects. Currently working on a hardcore Christmas album and this guitar has given me the lows highs and mids. It is the Best all around packaged guitar I have seen in a long while as longs as you can work around not having a tremolo. I use a Peavey 5150 Head with a 4 10 in the studio with a Crybaby wah and a Line 6 spyder 3 212 at home and get everything that I ever wanted out of this guitar. Best Money I have ever spent.

The guitar was a perfect 10. The only reason it made a 9 on the action fit finish is because other models with the gold tuners and hardware tarnish real bad over time. but I can't hold that against my blue babby. I wish they mad a exact replica with a tremolo because I would snatch that up in a hearbeat. my second Schecter and it blows the others out of the water. It gave me every thing I need into one with out haveing to sacrifice anywere where you might think you would have to give 1 thing for another but that was untrue about this. Granted I still use my Jackson in the studio and my SG with a EMG and a Dimbucker on stage but would not think twice as to use this in either application. I am using it in the studio now and will hope to use it live soon, thanks for reading now Go Get it you will not be dissapointed no matter who you are.

As for Live playing that has yet to be seen, it is a guitar that is a bit pricey for me to be doing guitar spins with. But would I depend on this guitar to hold up. Hell yeah. As for Live sound it would be dangerous because if I messed up I would make the guitar look bad. It is not noisy as far as the body is concered. It isn't like a Parker fly were you can tap on the body and get a big thud out of the pickups. I wouldn't think twice as to not bring a back up because this is quality at it's best. But since I am a Creature of habit I would bring a back up but not out of fear of faliure but out of fear of me messing somthing up. And I garentee this paint will last forever (in a non literal sense) but it is top notch.

Now how it plays. I have no qulms with it whatsoever even though it's body was made in indonisia it is top notch. I am not just saying that it truly is quility at its highest. the Bridges is great it was set from the factory to play in stright A tuning (eadgbe) and I have had it re intonated for Drop C (1 whole step down CGCFAD) It plays a perfect C note open and on the 12th Fret so it goes evenly all the way downs. the pickups were at perfect hight didn't have any problems with sound not coming in right or anthing like that the factory in the usa that installed the hardware must have really taken their time with it because it was right were it needed to be (it has been known to people of a certain music store that complaints have been made on the gold hardware with excessive tarnish and fade).

Nickavator2
    i have this guitar but in blue. it plays amazing and the neck is really fast. the abolone in the neck is a real eye-catcher and it doesnt break strings easily