C-1 Classic review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 Classic

Purchased from: Sound Control

I play a lot of progressive post hardcore but I also drift off into other music areas (Indie, pop, blues, dance), I use this guitar for my Drop C (12 guage slinkys), I usually leave it on full humbucking with a MD-2 distortion and through a Marshall 100mdx, it sounds awesome distorted, very heavy, but the notes still come through, Palm muting is just monstrous, I love it! But even when clean it sounds good quite blusey good for strumming but sounds better picking the chords. Using the 5 way Switch this guitar can make sounds similar to a bass or even a Fender, right through to a PRS, it really does have a wide range! Oh I'll also add I do a lot of gigging and this guitar has no feedback with the amp.

This guitar is awesome for my style but also suits other styles pretty well (mainly blues and rock). I've been playing for over 3 years and this is one of my best guitars, I also own a Schecter 006 Elite, and after playing this I straight away bought the same pickups for my 006. If this guitar was stolen I would defo buy it again! and if my 006 was stolen I'd replace it with one of these! I would compare this among the best of them (PRS), and easily pick it over a Gibson anyday!

I've only had one problem with this guitar and it was my fault, during Live playing a wire attatched to the jack snapped off, it was an easy repair job, but this was my fault as the jack was loose and I couldn't be bothered tightening it. Only other thing is it gets dirty fast and requires a fair bit of polishing to keep it looking new but it's worth it! Strap buttons are reliable and I never take a back up with me, good, decent finish aswell. just watch not to scratch teh back with a belt!

This guitar came out the box ready to play, only thing I done was change the strings so I could get Drop C, but even before changing them it was good to play. Pickups were setup and didn't need adjusted and no problems with the neck, bridge or truss bar. No flaws in the guitar either.

Features: 24 jumbo frets, body Mahogany with Quilted Maple, neck Multi-Ply Maple & Walnut/Rosewood, pickups Seymour Duncan JB (SH-4) & Jazz (SH-2n), bridge TonePros TOM w/ thru-body, electronics Vol/Tone/5-Way Mega, Grover tuners. Antique Amber finish with satin gold hardware and "vine of life" on fretboard.

dirtymexican863
    While I agree that this is a pretty good guitar, especially for the price, what's up with all of the 10 ratings? In the grand scheme of things, probably more like a solid 8.
    insurgentsteve
    c-1's are the greatest guitars ever... feels so much better to me than any other guitar body shape and is so beautiful in every way, the ONLY guitar i would play over this one would be a high end PRS, but if you don't want to fork out all that money, stick to this.
    DeMoNhUnTeRuLeS
    I've had this guitar for about 2 months and i absolutely love it. I have found no faults. I play metal from Metallica to Lamb of God and this baby is perfect. Some of the hottest pickups I've ever played and can hit any pinch harmonic you need. The neck-through is unfreakinbelievable. Plus a kick ass fretboard and body finsh all for $900 YOU CANT BEAT THAT!!!!!
    lincjones
    i just bought this guitar for the money i don't think there is a better guitar
    gtk4158a
    For the cash spent you get a lot of bang for the Buck.The look , feel and playability are very good for the money. For the money a solid "9".
    xXLuciusXx
    o god that pic sucks they had to pick like the worst color of the c1 classic blue with silver hardware looks much better
    jedinix
    If it came in better colors i would so buy it. I'd like to see it in a black cherry!!
    KnIvEs00
    dude schecters for myyy life!! i have a c1 plus, and my friend has the classic. Personally, i like the plus better, but the c1 family is just amaaazing. I went to go buy a jackson for my birthday, saw the damien fr, and forgot what jacksons were. NOTHING beats the necks of any Schecter, c1 plus, classic, damien, whatever. Recommend Schecters to anyone. (although i agree with Ravenblacktear, should get the pickups on the classic and plus replaced with actual duncans)
    Avenged.InFlame
    [qoute]KerryKing Wrote:I really wish they made this same design of guitar with the Floyd Rose though.[/qoute] Schecter C-1 FR
    Ravenblacktear
    I bought this guitar and it was good when I bought it, but it eventually kinda gave out when it came to sound. Then again, I may just replace the pick ups, which are truthfully pieces of crap really. The actual guitar body, inlay, and overall playability though, that is what makes this guitar. However, the pickups do disappoint me.
    outlawtorn003
    It really is a great guitar. The only issue that I have with mine is when I tune down to C or lower the top E string has a tendency to come off the bridge. Not sure if going with a heavier gauge string will fix the problem but it really isn't a huge issue. I would definately say it would be around an 8.5 rating.
    C&C Magik
    I was looking into this for my next guitar, and now that i finally got a job this looks possible in the near future.