C-1 Classic review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 Classic

This guitar can do any style of music in any genre. Period. The sound is right between a Strat and a les paul. Very warm and fat tone, with a lot of bite and cut. I play everything from blues, to classic rock, to metal and this guitar has been my main axe for almost 5 years. And the coil taps sound as close to actual single coils as any I have ever heard. Because the pickups have so much bass to them already, if your going to be drop tuning very low you might want to switch out the pickups. Other than that this guitar sounds exactly how I would describe my perfect sound.

This is the BEST guitar I have played that cost under $2000. The quality is unmatched by any other guitar at this price. I would take this guitar over a Gibson Les Paul Studio any day. And even over most Standards for that matter. But I wold suggest getting one NOW, because they have been officialy discontinued. For any style fo music, this guitar outshines most production line guitars easily. The only guitar I have found that I liked better was a $3500 PRS Custom 24. The C-1 Classic running through my 100 watt all tube amp has so much power and authority to its tone. If this guitar ever was stolen, I would not hesitate a second to get another one. Please try one out if you can find one. You will be amazed.

I think I could use this guitar to split wood with. It is biult like a rock! Once it fell face first off of my guitar stand. I freaked out, but when I checked it over it was fine. This guitar has been a dependable friend for a long time now, and I have no reservations about how it will continue to hold up. As with any guitar, regular maintanence is crutial. Every 6 months I remove all the strings and fully condition the fret board with lemon oil, give it a full set up, and a thurouh cleaning. I plan on having this guiar for years and years to come.

The finish is awesome. I have the sunburst model and the finish rivals PRS custom shop guitars. The inlays are beautiful and always attract attention. The Factory action was perfect. I use Elixer 10's and the guitar stays in tune BETTER than my ESP EC-1000 wich has locking tuners. The binding on the fret board was also fantastic. There are no sharp fret edges at all. This guitar plays like the neck has been greased down, the action is that good. I can sum it up in one word: PERFECT

This guitar has all the features of any custom shop guitar costing thousands of dollars more. Neck thru construction. Grover tuners. Tone Pros locking bridge. Seymour Duncan pickups. 24 jumbo frets on a 25.75 scale neck. The body is very dense, giving it great sustain. It aslo has a 5 way switch for coil tapping. Fantastic versatility!

UnDistortion
    This guitar is phenomenal. I got one in mint condition at a pawn shop for 240$, and it's probably been one of the best decisions of my life. All I had to do was resolder the neck pickup, and it was good to go. Since then, not a single problem. I'm lucky to have found it.
    themelodicdeathshow
    Bentheemo wrote: Stringslinger25 wrote: If you are thinking about getting one of these, do it fast. They have been officialy DISSCONTINUED by Schecter. A sad day. This was one of their best models. This is my dream guitar, nooooo. That sucks pretty bad.
    Schecter still makes these lol