C-1 Classic review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 Classic

Purchased from: used

I play mostly blues rock grunge and a little bit of metal. I would say it suits these styles perfectly except it could possibly use hotter pups for metal. The jazz hum bucker in the neck has a nice smooth sound and the jb in the bridge has plenty of bite. I use this guitar with a Peavey vypyr, but this guitar deserves a better amp. I also use a big muff pi w/tone wicker, a bad monkey, and a Dunlop crybaby. It sounds great at all setting. I'm think is a had a better amp this guitar would really sing, but it has a great sound anyway. When playing acoustically this thing sounds beautiful.

This guitar suits my Quest for blues rock and grunge music well. I have been playing for 2 years and this is the best guitar I have ever owned. If it were stolen I would buy another in a heartbeat. I am actually planning on buying a few more of these when I have the money. I love everything about this guitar except the finished neck which is something I'm getting used to. I compared this too a few other guitar in the price range and this guitar is just so much better also since I bought it used I was sold.

i have used this guitar live once and without a backup. Nothing broke. i go to jam sessions all the time with this guitar and still not a single scratch. the hardware is lasting very well and the gold hardware doesn't chip off. the finish looks like it will last a lifetime. i was thinking about getting strap locks for this guitar, but it doesn't need them since the strap buttons are big enough. i wouldn't gig without a back-up except i had to since i cant really afford another guitar right now and a new amp is next on my list of things to buy. i pretty careful with this thing although it could probably take some abuse and nothing would get through the finish. also the hardshell case it came with can take a beating.

as I said before I bought this used. I do know that the factory set ups from Schecter are perfect as I have played these guitars at gc. The pups were the right height and the top was matched really well. There were no flaws when I got this everything was in tip top shape.

not sure what year this was made since I bought it used, but it was made in Korea. Normally these guitars come set up from their usa factory, but since it was used I did have to set it up a little my self. It has 24 frets not sure what the neck feel or thickness is how ever I will say the neck is finished which I don't like. It is a 25.5 scale which is perfect for me. This guitar is neck through and strung through which gives it awesome sustain and stays in tune very well. The top is quilted maple and comes in a variety of colors. I think the binding on the body is natural maple, but the binding on the neck looks like it might just be plastic. The body is shaped like a Strat and the cutaway feels nice even when reaching for the 24th fret. The strings are strung through with a tune-o-matic bridge. All passive electronics with Seymour Duncan pups. The pick up selector is a 5 way blade Switch allowing for some coil tapping. There is one volume control and one tone control. The tuners on mine are non locking but I believe if you buy this guitar new it does come with locking tuners.It also comes with a hardshell case. Overall this guitar has some pretty awesome features and the vine inlay looks stunning. The only thing I would ask for is strap locks and an unfinished neck.