C-1 Classic review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 Classic

Purchased from: guitar center

The sound is GREAT! But in spite of some of the other reviews I've read on this ax, you can do anything with this guitar, INCLUDING METAL! All you need is a Boss 7 Band EQ pedal (if you play thru a solid state amp, If you play thru a Tube Amp ( I play thru a Peavy 6505+) you only need to use the eq pedal along with a Boss Digital Dely pedal tthru the effects loop when you do leads, which is what I do. (I use the Digital Delay only because I like a more "wet" sound than an amp can produce when I do leads.) The EQ pedal in a solid state amp will scoop your mids and along with this guitar, will make you have the "Ten Ton" sound that Scott Ian has, or like Dimebag had when he was crushing people with his tone. If you play through a tube amp, you will be blown away by the tone all by itself. Less effects is more

I play heavy metal in one band, and play classic rock in another band. I gig with both at least once a week and this guitar is used in both. I own a Warrior Knight that has the same pickups in it. I also own an Ibenez EX-FX that has two EMG pickups in it. I've owned a Fender Standard Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard, Jackson Kelly w/Floyd Trem. And a Washburn Dime 33 w/ Floyd Rose Trem. The Schecter is as good as any of these, and better than the ones listed above that had tremelos because the tone of the string-thru-body design is like playing a high end Gibson but way more affordable. The only thing that I wish it had, and I wish all guitars had it, is Stainless Steele Frets. Thats it!

Live playig is what this guitar is made for. Get onstage with a guitar that not only has the tone of a Les Paul, but has the beutiful finish and "Vine of Life" inlays that this beast has, and people won't be able to stop watching you. With any intrument, you have to break down and clean your guitar after every performance to make the asthetics of the instrument hold up, but this is a solid guitar and will last longer than most musicians. Its a dream to play, and I have folks ask all the time how much I paid for this work of art. I tell them $1500 and they are shockd at how low the price is compared to the look and the sound of it. This is the answer to every broke musicians dream. (which I am)

Action from the factory is like any other guitar on the planet. No two guitarists play the same, and no two guitarists like the same thing in a guitar. But whether you are new to the guitar or a pro, you can make minmal adjustments to the action of the guitar and it will feel like butter. This is the reason I love Tone Pro bidges. You can dial this sucker in so that it's effortless onthe fret hand. Good stuff!

This guitar is made in Korea. Two Seymore Duncan Humbuckers JB SH-4 and Jazz SH-2N> The scale is 25.5 and 24 Jumbo Frets. Tune-O-Matic bridge. Strat style. One volume, One tone, and a 5-way toggle switch. Grover tuners with custom case. Neck-thru design

BradTheBluefish
    I love how similar it is to a Les Paul but yet so different. 24 frets, Seymour Duncans, Body-thru bridge, and Vine-of-life inlay are all improvements.
    Matt1349
    I'm meeting somebody on Friday to trade my BC Rich Special X Mockingbird for this. I've played this guitar before when a friend of mine owned it. One of the smoothest playing guitars I've picked up. And the Maple/Walnut neck is going to give me a brighter sound (but still having some balls thanks to the mahogany body), which I need for leads and cleans. My all-mahogany BC Rich can't do that, even though it's amazing for Metal rhythm playing. This guitar is so versatile, I can't wait to own it!
    Andrew"the"Hill
    I found one for $480! Never been played or so much as taken out of the case! The story on it is a dad bought as a wedding present for his son but he never played it. It sat in the case for a number of years. so he finally decided to sell it for what he could get. Any advice for string gauges i prefer my strings to be on the heavier side. Also would brasso work on the gold hardware? or just wiping it with a clean cloth be better? I played this and a jackson rr5 and prefered the classic for playing comfort sound a look the rr5 neck was too flat for me.
    40scars
    I own one of these from a different year than in the first review didn't read all the reviews there so many. Mine has the JB bridge Jazz neck pickup configuration. Awesome guitar. If I didn't have plans to be cremated when I die I'd be baried with it. The classic addition is the only C-1 with a neck-thru build style. It is not available with a whammy the C-1's with Floyd Roses are only on ones with set necks or bolt-ons. Note: the C-1 classics always use JB's in the bridge but changed the Neck pickup depending on the year.
    ExDementia
    I have had this guitar for 6 years and it has absolutely withstood the test of time. Fantastic guitar. I get compliments on it all the time. I haven't even been bringing a back up guitar over the past year of playing 1-4 shows a month.