C-1 Classic review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 Classic

Purchased from: MusicGoRound

This guitar, all thanks to its 5-way selector, has made every sound I've asked of it. With the neck pickup in series, the clarity and harmonics she produces out do any Mexican Strat I've ever heard or played. When the neck is parallel you can achieve a wonderful blues and classic rock growl. I'm not a big fan of both pickups parallel, but when they're split it has wonderful mids. And of course the bridge gives off a good amount of output for squealing pinches and incredible sustain for scaling (mostly because of the neck and body through design though). The amount and quantity of different woods used in her also add to the unique tone she gives off. The mahogany gives you that classic warmth and depth you'd expect from an LP, but the maple and walnut add a very bright and snappy undertone to your highs and upper mids.

This guitar will give you any sound you could ever want with its sparkling cleans, gutsy crunches, and face melting output. I enjoy playing many different styles: Jazz, Blues, Folk, Rock and Metal, so having a guitar that is so versatile is a godsend. I replaced the bridge JB pickup with a coil splitting EMG 81X recently and now she sounds more metal than the ESPs and Ibanez I've owned! I run this through a tube powered Zoom G7.1UT and a Crate Flexwave head and half stack. With the help of so many tubes the sound she gives off is more crystal clear than most guitars you'll hear on a CD. Even when I had my worn out GX-212 this guitar performed miraculously. If you take your guitar playing seriously, you'll pick one of these up. In all my years I have never found a guitar that plays, sounds, and feels so perfect for under two-thousand dollars.

She's definitely proven to hold up over time. The previous owner put her through 4 years of hard gigging and the only damage I could find was a little bit of buckle rash, but that goes for any used guitar. The finish is thick and still shining all over (I can see myself in it after a good polish). The hardware shows no signs of tarnishing, which is saying a lot for it being gold plated! Those of you who have dealt with it before know how hard it is to find decently gold plated hardware. It also has nice big strap buttons. I would trust them, but after you drop a guitar once, you never leave one without strap locks.

I bought mine used and the guy who owned it before had the bridge a little too high for me, and the pickups a little too low; however the intonation was flawless. After a few adjustments she played like a dream. I've never had a guitar with easier bends and playability than this one. It takes NO effort to play this guitar. Everything was installed perfectly! I bought this after someone had owned it for 4 years and nothing so much as wiggled. Built like a damn rock. The bridge locks down tight, controls are nice and sturdy, and it just feel indestructible; has a nice weight to it. Not to mention it has the most beautiful finish on it!

My Schecter C-1 Classic was made in 2004. The body was crafted in Korea and the guitar itself was assembled and finished in the U.S. Specs: - Scale: 25 1/2 inches - Frets: 24 jumbo - Neck shape: Thin "C" neck through - Neck material: 5 piece (3 piece maple 2 piece walnut) - Fretboard: Bound rosewood - Inlay: Abalone Vines of Life - Nut: Graphtech - Tuners: Grover 18:1 - Body woods: Mahogany, maple, and walnut body with quilted maple top - Finish: 3-tone transparent sunburst - Binding: Creme binding on neck, natural maple on body and headstock - Bridge: TonePros through body locking tune-o-matic - Neck pickup: Seymour Duncan Jazz SH-2 - Bridge pickup: Seymour Duncan JB SH-4 - Pickup selector: 5-way coil splitter (neck, neck split, both, both split, and bridge) - Controls: 1 master tone, 1 master volume (came with 500k pots) - Hardware: Gold plated.

TheGroundZero
    I just got the C-1 Classic Antique Amber and it's built with incredible quality. At Guitar Center I went through 2 Sterling by Music Man JP100Ds and both were junk compared to this. I grabbed it off the wall just for the hell of it, never having owned a Schecter. I took it home and fell in love. All I can say is I've been missing out. Great guitar!
    Winter Skyes
    You get more for your money with Schecter. Their guitars are double the quality of the price given brand new. Some of the necks are very nice, I feel I have more freedom to move my hands. The neck isn't flat and cramming my fingers like my jackson/ibanez does. (I have long fingers) Not to mention you get more sustain through these dense woods for the tonal qualities Schecter makes with its builds, some of the necks are thick which adds to it. But think of a gibson les paul 59' or between a jackson neck, it certainly is great. I own a Classic. I have an Ibanez Prestige; Jackson Soloist SLH2; Razorback USA, and fender american strat so I am sure of what I am saying. Schecter is just a guitar for me. Some people prefer other brands but Schecter is one of my top favorites.