C-1 E/A review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 E/A

The style I play is incredibly diverse and this guitar is more apart of me and my style than a Tool to play. I use my Vox AD30 to give me more tonal possiblities, when I Switch it to the boutique Clean channel with an add of delay on the piezo pickup, such sweet melodic slow-core sounds can be acheived as long as your fingers can do what you tell them to. Then make the Switch to my bridge pickup on UK Modern with some Comp. And I can get some soarin' leads ala Petrucci. Then one more Switch to the black 2X12 with the blend of acoustic and the neck pickup and I'll have dream like smooth jazz lines. The only time it gets noisy is if I'm either too close to the amp or the noise supression ain't doin' what it needs to do. Like I said the duncan designed pickups could be replaced with something with much more clarity and definition, so that isn't much to worry about. But this Extension of my body can rip, caress, slap, scream, and put you to sleep all in the easy use of a 5 minute song.

This is a perfect match for everything I play. I Love the BB tone I can get by rolling down the tone on the neck pickup. I've been playin' this baby for a couple of months and by far beats my Modded RR30 and Custom Aria Pro II. I just wished this thing came with a hardshell case, but I bought it later on so not much of a problem. Like I said my major love is the piezo and it's versatility, I thought of purchasing a LP or a good B.C. Rich MockingBird that costs me more than a leg and a arm. But thus far I'm incredibly satisfied with this purchase, the only thing I wished it had was a double lockin' trem. but hey I'm not complaining.

This guitar can take a beating or two but becareful this beauty feels fragile but I'm not sure if it is, nor do I want to find out. Regardless I've played with this live and really wouldn't need a back up, maybe a battery for the Piezo but that's it. This thing is a whip for both torture and pleasure hahaha! The finish seems good enough to last me years and years of playing, but if it starts to melt off I got a good idea for a new great look.

Soon as I got my baby, the action was already set so this thing was ready to fly right then and there. No problem with the pick-ups except ofcourse the fact that they're not real duncans. Seriously there are no problems with this guitar everything was ready to jump into battle.

I don't know where this was made or what year and to be quite honest I really don't care this axe is everything I ever needed in versatility. The Neck is 25-1/2" mahogany & 22-fret rosewood fingerboard, and it's a quilted maple body so this thing has looks. I love the F-Holes it adds a touch of classical for me. The bridge is a tones pro tune-o-matic. the Electronics are pretty spiff but more could be done, the main beauty of this would be Piezo pickups. Sweet butter acoustic sound when you can't run out and grab your real acoustic, and the ability to blend has givin' me that much more tonal possiblities. Like I said the electronics could be improved, so I'm thinkin' about switchin' the "duncan designed" pickups for Gibson burstbuckers or Dimarzio's PAF and Evolution.

guitarNbass
    I played this guitar... so versatile... so goodd..... I shoulda got that instead of my ESP EC-1000
    slashNpage77
    haha, F-holes, that sounds dirty this is almost definately going to be my next guitar, i plan on getting it in a coulple months.