C-1 E/A review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 E/A

Purchased from: eBay

I play mostly prog-rock and jazz, and it fits perfectly when played around with for a bit. It's a little weak on the low end, but that is easily attributed to me putting .009s and raising the action on it. So far the only thing I really have any gripe with is the aforementioned over-hotness when run through a simple Boss distortion pedal, that's just personal taste. The Piezos are sparkling clear, and the magnets are easily adjusted to fit any style.

Like I said, it fits perfectly with my prog-rock/jazz playing. I'm more of a bass player with 11 years under my belt and have only recently gone to playing guitar as well. If it were lost or stolen, I would cry myself to sleep every night for a month before hunting it down and killing whoever took it. I love practically everything about the thing. I am thoroughly impressed by this and would recommend it to anyone not playing hardcore metal or anything that requires an extremely heavy tone.

Only problem I had with it is the knobs fell clear off within a couple weeks of me getting it, but it's because the previous owner put strap-locks on it and switched out back to the original screws before sending it off to me. This is a very reliable guitar. There are a couple dings from my abuse, but I can't blame it at all on the factory. I wouldn't gig with it alone, primarily because there's no trem system in it, and there are some songs I play that require them. Otherwise, I wouldn't need anything else. The finish could withstand a nuke.

I can't really attest to factory set up, but when I got it it was marvelous. It is one of the most aesthetically pleasing instruments I've laid eyes upon. One interesting thing is that the pickups are not attached to any wood, so you can tilt them up and down (a trick with no real practical use). The tuners are rock solid, everything else is perfect.

I believe I've gotten a 2006 model. It was made in Korea, which through experience has been usually a good thing. Semi-Hollowbody of course, a beautiful quilted maple top. Through-Neck, Tune-O-Matic style bridge with a piezo stuck in one of em. Duncan Designed pickups are a little off and give too much of a "buzzy" feel for me when I run it through some distortion, but not too much of a problem. Tuners are grover and delightful. Everything about this guitar besides the pickups are top notch.

ramaglia375
    Just purchased one in March 2016. C-1 E/A Cat's Eye and paid $850 Beautiful guitar but beware of sloppy workmanship. The sound hole cut was too deep and left a groove into the backside. There is also visible glue globbed in 2 spots and also smeared in the soundhole. The one humbucker cover also has an "ding". I sent an email to Schecter and after a week of not hearing back, I called. Spoke with customer service rep at Schecter who told me that its to be expected from a Korean manufactured semi hollow body guitar. So I clarified that "Schecter's view is that it is acceptable" and the reply was "yes" in order to keep the price point down. He went onto say that I would need to spend $2000 dollars or more on a guitar in order to avoid these type issues.
    Templar980
    Sort of reminds me of the strat style PRS hollowbodies. Though personally I prefer Schecter.
    aaronstuddmuf
    I've had this guitar for 10 years, it was my first guitar and since I've owned many. I play it through a Carvin V3 through a 4x12, it does everything from HEAVY metal to calm, warm blues. I absolutely love the play ability of the guitar, the best playing guitar I've ever played. Granted, the pickups aren't the BEST, they do what they need to. The acoustic pickup is amazing, honestly one of the best if not the best guitar I've ever owned.
    buddytheweasel
    guitarNbass: I chose this over the ec-1000, and I'm glad I did...that's the next guitar I'll be getting. This guitar beats every other one i have...2 esp's, a strat, a custom carvin, 2 ovations, and a warlock. This one out plays em all. Way to go to Schecter!
    silverdy357
    hey i have this guitar but it is left handed. i absolutely love it but there is one problem : a slight buzz that sounds like a grounding issue. does anyone know the solution to this problem? PLEASE give me some feedback at rageatm323@hotmail.com
    foreverinchrist
    I fell in love with this Guitar. I was amazed by the sound that it produces. I have a Vox, Line6 and Marshall amp. I play Jazz and Blues funk and it handles wonderfully. The only thing that is a problem is the pickup switch. You rally can't tell the different in the pickups at aall. I plan on modifying it with Gibson 57's. That should give more of the sound I desire.