C-1 Elite review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 Elite

Purchased from: Guitar Center in Bridgeton, Missouri

I play punk rock music, this suits my music style perfectly, it has the humbucking pickups, and a nice raunchy sound. I am playing it with an AVT150 Head and a 1960A Angled 4X12 Cabinet, both made by Marshall. The guitar never hums when not active, but just stays silent. It has a very rich sound on the bridge pickup and a bright sound on the neck pickup. The guitar can make so many great sound combinations, it's mind blowing. I love this guitar for so many reasons; looks, sound, and all it's great features!

I've been paying for about 3 years (I am 14 now), I also own the Marshall AVT150 Head and the 1960A Angled 4X12 Cabinet (which I have before stated). They play very well together. I also own an old Westone guitar and a small Fender Champ 15 Practice Amplifier. I do not regret not asking any questions about this guitar, it plays very solid. If someone stole this guitar, or I lost it, I would DEFINATELY buy it again, it is a great guitar. I love every single thing about it, and hate nothing. My favorite feature is the abalone binding along with the tribal symbol, that is so sweet. I compared it to the Fender Tom Delonge Signature Stratocaster, it sounded great also, but I chose this over the Fender. I played the C1 Plus also, but the Elite surpassed it, even though I did like the bridge pickup on the C1 Plus slightly better. I wish it had a 5th fret tribal symbol as well, playing with no fret dots is hard for me, since I have only been playing a few years. Overall this guitar is rock solid, and kicks serious butt. For anyone who likes Ibanez, Fender, or some Jackson models, Schecter is definately a sweet competitor to these big name companies. All of Schecter's guitars sound great, and many bands play with them. I recommend them any day.

I noticed that during a live show, Good Charlotte's guitarist, Billy Martin, used a Schecter C1. While it was not an Elite, it sounded very good. And the Elite sounds far better. It would rock in live playing. The hardware would definately last. It is all chrome and it is beautiful and durable. The finish is thick, but not too thick, I think, personally, that it will last for a long time. The strap buttons are set up well because they aren't straight, they are curving with the body, I think the guitar is very comfortable. I would depend on it, no doubt, and I wouldn't mind taking it to a gig without a backup ( even though backups are always nice :) ). I think the guitar is very durable.

The guitar feels as if it was built in heaven, to me, it feels right. The pickups were just the right distance apart and placed on the guitar for that perfect rock sound. The bridge was set up nicely, but I don't recommend it for anyone who likes to play metal or 'hairspray' rock because it doesn't have a tremelo. The guitar has a set neck, which helps the overall stability of the guitar. I found no flaws in the guitar.

The 25 fret Schecter C1 Elite is a sweet guitar. It comes with two Duncan Designed pickups and a nice gloss black finish with abalone binding. At the 12th fret, there is a cool tribal symbol. It is a double cutaway body and has a string-thru body bridge. The headstock comes equipped with Grover tuners and a rosewood fretboard. I've played almost EVERY guitar at Guitar Center, and this one simply sounded the purest. It's definately worth the money, even though it is not a hefty price.