C-1 Elite review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 Elite

I play heavy metal and rock (Avenged Sevenfold, Shadows Fall, Metallica) and this guitar is good for my purposes. I use it with a Crate 30-watt and a Boss MT-2 which gives me a really good gain. It is not very noisy, though there is a noticable hum. The pickups are crap, very shrill sound and distort high notes. Will be replaced with EMG ZW set. The guitar comes with a coil tap selector so a great variety of sounds can be made.

This is overall a great guitar. I have been playing about 4 years and I'm 14. My other guitar is a beat up BC Rich Bronze Warlock which I lost my taste for (it was a little over the top, I was only goin for looks when I bought it). The person at guitar center was ill-informed and told me that the coil tap selector gave me a 25 dB gain in volume, which is not true. If this were stolen, I'd definitely buy it again. I compared it to a Epiphone Les Paul of similar configuration, and this guitar kicked its ass.

Just got it, no performances yet.

The guitar was set up very well from the factory. The action was just a little high and the intonation was perfect. The body was scratchless and the jumbo frets were good. 0 flaws.

Has 24 frets, and a nice inlay on the 12th. 5 piece neck through consturction for excellent sustain. Very high action out of the box, had to adjust it. Abalone along edges, looks beautiful in bright lights. Passive Duncan Design HB102 humbuckers, chrome cover. Grover tuners for maximum stability. Mine came fresh out of the box, so free guitar cable included. The folks at guitar center gave me a $100 dollars off the guitar's current average price.