C-1 Elite review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 Elite

I play a blend of Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, Indie, Progressive Rock, Jazz Fusion. I must say it fights all these styles perfectly, for hard rock, which is mainly based around a medley of Open Chords and Power Chords, it's neck is perfect. The pickups are even better, clean and driven on open chords sounds perfect, truly does. Power chords are really driven. The solo's are the same, really driving on the bends, crisp and clean, nothing you don't want popping up in there. legato's are really fun and easy to play, I often find myself lost in it playing as much as I can really blusly stuff around the 5 and 10 fret and legato sweeps beyond the 15th. I would find that most guitars would stop me on the 17th-19th but I can keep going all the way up to 24th on the low E! I think most other styles suit it to be honest with you, I can't find a fault in the way it plays, the sound is beautiful. Crisp, I need no effects, although reverb on the clean is particularly nice, It's not noisy at all, if you pop the tone pot it's really clear like single coils. And theres loads of variety in it, which not surprisngly is all to the full. Clean Driven Blues Jazz Funk Are all easly capable, I think pedals aren't needed for this guitar but make it better.

Yes I've rated this at a 10 the whole way through and that is because this guitar is perfect, I think the only draw back is the lack of tremolo. Although it creates a lot of ease with tuning, stringing, etc. It's capable of every tone and every style. I own a Jackson Randy Rhoads, and like I said I've played Gibson LP's, Eagles (very good guitars) PRS, Matched Ibanez's and they can't hold a candle light to this, it's amazing in every sense of the word. If it was stolen I would defiantly by another one, although I would probably edge to the classic on one with a tremolo as I believe this model is discontinued at this point. I love everything about it, the only thing I hate it my tendency to knock the volume and very rarely the tone which is really anoying! I would compare it to the Ibanez Rg serious and PRS double cut series as they are basically the same, spec's, prices, etc. The C-1 in all class's is by far a more supreme guitar.

This guitar will withstand live playing as it has done, I wouldn't bring a second guitar, It stays in tune, everything is perfect and I'm certain all hardware will last. The strap buttons are solid and like I said I can easily depend on it. The finish is perfect, I'm certain it will last for a while, a chip on the headstock is due to me knocking it constantly (like every 5 minutes, every day) nothing to do with Schecter. I swear it has 2 inches of lacquer on the body.

Set up perfectly, I had a problem with the action, it was very low however I wanted it to go as low as I could actually get it, which with the missing of a tremolo system (I rely on bending the neck in a similar fashion to Randy Rhoads) has sent a bit of buzz on the 3rd fret, got a screwdriver sorted. Pickups were perfect as was the top, the bridge and the routing everything perfect. All the hardware, Flaw, Filed Fretwire, Woord, Hardware, Tuning Pegs, Nut and Saddle all perfect, Controls still perfect.

The 24 fret Schecter C1 Elit is a sweet guitar. It comes with two Duncan Designed pickups and a nice gloss black finish with abalone binding. At the 12th fret, there is tribal symbol also in abalone. It is a double cutaway body and has a string-thru body bridge. The headstock comes equipped with Grover tuners and a rosewood fretboard. I've played various Les Paul's and a highly rated and very similar PRS, I would easily rate it higher.