C-1 Elite review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 Elite

Purchased from: friend

this guitar is good for anything really. I play at church and I play in a metal band and a Ska band, and this guitar does all three jobs really well. It has really good sustain, solid tone. Since all my pedals got stolen, I'm running this guitar through a Boss bluesdriver, and an electro harmonix holystain pedal, straight to my amp. Sounds really good, probably better than my last guitar (which was an Ibanez RG with dimarzios on both PU. Not noisy at all, even with the coil tap it gives a little bit of hum but its not too bad.

I play christian, metal, alternative, ska, rock, jazz, country and all of the above, and this guitar is good for all of those genres. I've been playing since I was 10, and I am turning 20 in a week, sooo do the math :). I own a Fender 212 frontman, B-52 100watt combo (my main amp for live and recording), a blues driver, and a reverb pedal (thats really all you need) I wouldn't buy my exact guitar AGAIN, just because of the color, Orange isnt my thing. I would get it if it was in dark purple (like barney). I've compared it to the other Schecter brand guitars like the hellraisers, and I would have to agree more with my own Schecter elite, just because of the comfort and gold hardware (I love gooooooollllldddd)

its built really solid. I don't think it will break too easily. I'm not gonna run around testing the durability though, I take good care of my babies. The hardware is slowly losing the gold finish but its still in place and good to go. The finish on the guitar is really nice. It makes the guitar really stand out when you're playing live.

I got this guitar like 3rd hand so I don't know exactly how it would feel if it was brand new, but its a great guitar so I can't complain. Everything is pretty well adjusted. For now, I am not seeing any flaws or defects with this guitar. If I were to assume any upcoming defects, I would guess that the tone knob could get a little loose, because of the push and pull of the coil tap.

I got this guitar recently because my last guitar got stolen along with all my pedals; however, this guitar is pretty tight. Made in the U.S., has 24 frets, maple neck, rosewood fretboard, with cool inlays outlining the fretboard, has an amber color, mahogany body with an alder style, tune-o-matic bridge, grover tuners (gold hardware) passive electronics. Has a good Bridge pickup (both Bridge and neck PU are duncan designed) the neck PU is ok too but you might want to Switch it with something a little more glassy. Volume knob, tone knob with a coil tap, really cool :)

Ghefly
    RE: reviewer who gave the C1 a 7 for sound: You're using a boss MT-2...
    kramer242
    hippieking24 wrote: this guitar may be shiny, but it looks just like the way better ibanez s
    too many ibanez fan boys in this world....lol good quality guitars but way overpriced and overrated.....for overall value-price ratio i'll stick with schecter, I own the atx c-7 and have played the elite in the local schecter dealer and it sounded great and felt pretty good too.
    danvwman
    I have a very early one, got lucky at an auction and got it for $350. I have a white one, whenever I pull it out people think Jesus..God...Angels...Heaven...it is really that beautiful with the full body binding and abalone all over including the knobs. Overall a very well built guitar for the money, kicks ass over any Les Paul or Fender I have ever played. I have left it stock since I have no real issues with it. I have a very wide range of musical tastes and this is very versitle with the coil tap, the stock humbuckers are a good midrange set. And the pickups the only thing I would change if it was my only guitar and I was using it for metal they dont have quite enough omphh for that. But if you play country,R+B,R+R or hard rock they do very well. If you ever run across one used for a decent price and the frets aint all tore up(good fret jobs are spendy)...get it...you wont be sorry. I am pissed they dont make it like this any more, cause I would buy a new amber one too.