C-1 Elite review by Schecter

Schecter: C-1 Elite

I pretty much only play rock but that includes anything from classic rock to black metal. I'm only a hobbyist (playing for 10 years) so it suits my needs pretty well. I run it through a Vox AD30VT and while it's by no means the absolute greatest, I can get any sound I want decently with this guitar. I've always intended to swap the pick-ups but in the 7 years of owning this guitar, I've just never got around to it.

I've been playing for about 10 years and I've owned quite a few guitars in my time, but this is the only one I've held onto. I learned to play on a Strat but wanted 24 frets and for me this guitar just feels right in my hands, and really that's all that matters. If it we're lost or stolen I'd probably get something newer because 1) this is discontinued 2) I've always wanted a baritone. Although I'd most likely get another C-1 variation. But I've seen these on Craigslist going for around $300 dollars so if you come across one, I say give it a try.

This guitar would definitely withstand live playing, although I would probably swap the pick-ups if I was going to do that. I've always wanted a Duncan Distortion set in this, but everything is personal preference. When I was younger I played in a few bands and never had a problem with this guitar. As I said previously, I've played this guitar heavily for the past 7 years and have not had one issue with the Pup selector, coil tap, or volume/tone pots. Tuners also still work great and the strap buttons are sturdy, although these days I primarily play sitting down.

The original factory set-up was done in the USA as with most mid-higher end Schecters are. They did a good job with the action and pick-up height, but over the years I've dropped my tuning as well as started using heavier gauged strings so it goes without saying I've had to do some adjusting as I wen't along. As for the finish I'm quite impressed with it. Not only does it look great, but in 7 years this thing has had numerous bangs into walls and the arm rest of the chair I usually play it in, which happen to be wooden. I know it's not the smartest idea but to this day it still doesn't have a scratch on it.

The guitar was made in 2005 in Asia. Comes with 24 frets (25.5" scale) with a set-in maple neck with abalone binding. Has a tribal inlay at the 12th fret. The body is a Strat style made of mahogany and has a gloss black finish. The bridge is string-thru and comes loaded with Duncan Designed HB-102 set (modeled after the SH-4 JB and SH-2N Jazz) and has a 3 way selector with coil tap. The tuners are grover non-locking.

case_s
    How could a 14 year old buy ONE of these? Let alone say that if he lost it (...?) he'd buy another one? WOW, kid must have a sweet job.